MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an old recall, but I have noticed a lot of people spending big $$ on used steering wheels. If you have a 1991, call your local dealer/service department. There was a recall on the wrapped steering wheels and you will get a brand new one free of charge. It looks just like the stock one, but BRAND NEW!!!! I have noticed not many people are aware of this and I have directed more than 20 owners who were eligible for this so maybe this can be a sticky or something.
There was also a recall on the A/C unit (if so equipped) so if that hasn't been done yet, you can have your A/C repaired and charged before summer!!!
Love to hear some feedback on how many of you did not know and are eligible for these recalls. I like to feel I have helped in some way!
Thanks!
Harry and Mindy

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Just a suggestion:

Call Toyota Customer Service to verify whether your car qualifies for either of the recalls. Many delaerships will tell you they have "expired", or some other BS.

You will need your VIN when you call.

bill

·
Registered
433 Posts
jerzefigga said:
the only part of the AC that was recalled is the expansion valve up front.
Yes, but during the replacement, they need to recharge the system... :thumbup

My new steering wheel is beautiful btw.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
holy crap! I am going to get on this right away! I was about to buyone to replace my torn up one with! AHHHH thats awesome.

Can recalls really expire?!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I went in today and the dealership was like "do recalls expire?" and they just guessed not so hell yeah. Brand spanking new steering wheel and I dont even have to install it! I was about to buy a used one on here and install it myself because my wheel is torn to hell on the top of it where the sun hits most.

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS THREAD!!!!!!! you are awesome

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
The guy in the service department was like "says here theres another one for the AC. We can fix that too" and I had to explain to him that I removed my AC when the car was being put back together after it was wrecked. Who needs AC anyways? thats what the T-Tops are for! :smile:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
sweeeeeet, just what i needed, and for free, thanks for the heads up, anyone know of any other recalls for 91T?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
MR2TuRbZ said:
anyone know of any other recalls for 91T?
Lol dont get too excited :rolleyes: . You should be glad for that lol. Recalls are rare, especially for Toyota... but I hear they are recalling all USDM MKII engines to replace with Gen III 3SGTEs :rolleyes: .
:smile:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
lol, i know, i just wanna see if there are any others out while i go ahead and get this one taken care of

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Po' Kid said:
Lol dont get too excited :rolleyes: . You should be glad for that lol. Recalls are rare, especially for Toyota... but I hear they are recalling all USDM MKII engines to replace with Gen III 3SGTEs :rolleyes: .
:smile:

hhahahahah

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I think its all wheels on mr2's from 91. I have a 91 non turbo car with a turbo engine in it and they still replaced the wheel. Just go up to toyota and they should allow you to get a new one! try it

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
mr20nza said:
damnit Damon... you get a new steering wheel. Any 93s anyone knows of?
haha nick, ill get a new one, put your crappy one on mine and put my new one on yours, then ill go back in

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Culture said:
Yes, but during the replacement, they need to recharge the system... :thumbup

My new steering wheel is beautiful btw.
Just trying to help guys. Just got both mine done 3 months ago, so they are not expired yet!!!!! Jump all over that!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
sleepin-mr2 said:
I think its all wheels on mr2's from 91. I have a 91 non turbo car with a turbo engine in it and they still replaced the wheel. Just go up to toyota and they should allow you to get a new one! try it
Unless you changed your vin, it wont work, sorry guys! LOL Dont ask to keep the old wheel either, they record it on the recall and ship it back to make sure it is not reused "unsafely". Like it hasnt been unsafely used for the last decade.......

I can also send you pics of the new steering wheel via email if anyone would like...... [email protected]

sleepin-mr2, hear you need some help... are you in Columbia, South Carolina??

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.