MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I miss my car. It could hold 5 people and still haul balls. I had the 5 speed with power everything..I'm just saying this becasue I saw one in greatcondition the other day :( It's like seeing a much loved ex g/f at the supermarket. It war really nice..2.l with a little turbo on it...only about 190hp, but it had lots of torq.

You can get these cheap these days and they are extremely easy to work on.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Dude... maybe I'll get one. lol

If you've seen my threads about my Dad you'll understand that he is totally against getting anything that I want. But He wants to buy me a 1991 Buick Century. Maybe He'll get me this...

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, Beware! Maybe it was just a fluke but mine had some electrical issues. Ahhh the 80's were a bad time for domestics in terms of electrical things! Could be anomalous.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Those cars are notorious for a lot of running issues, but that's still purdy cool :)

·
Monkeys are Funny
1,288 Posts
My buddy in college had a t-bird turbo coupe. Him and his friend painted it school bus yellow, with flames coming out from around the wheels and the IC scoops, and then it had a big window strip across the top that said "Senseless." It was hi-freaking-larious. Pretty damn quick, too. He had a manual boost controler on it, and a redone ECU, and a couple other things. One time we were out flogging on it, and he pulls over and pops the hood and says "Check THIS out!" The turbo was glowing BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT red. Not like the wussy little cherry red you see off a CT26. I'm talking landing beakon red. He did have a ton of electrical problems with it later down the road. At one point he was running his radiator fans off a switch in the cabin, because the controling circuit was fried and he couldn't figure out where the problem was. He'd just glance down at the gauge every once in a while and say "Whoops, looks like she's getting a little hot!" FLIP. That dude was funny, and his car was funnier.

-Eric

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^My friends would lovingly refer to her as the "Thunder Chicken". :D

·
Monkeys are Funny
1,288 Posts
Yeah, we called it that too... Man, it would hang the tail out with ease, too. Could be something with the $40 tires he was putting on it, though. I remember when a whole bunch of us went to see Fast and the Furious when it came out. We were all jazzed up after the movie, and driving around the lot like maniacs. I was pulling mAd tYtE moves in my Camry (yo!), and the whole time all I could see out of my rear view was bright flaming sideways thunder chicken. Good times, good times...

-Eric

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
i still want a murker xr4ti... had the 2.3L ford turbo setup in it far lighter then any of the other 2.3L turbo cars also... think of it as a ford made by BMW (good old euro fords woot)...

or a pinto w/ the 2.3T drivetrain in it :)

kewl car... although i agree i'd prefer the supercoupe over the turbocoupe... never realy dug the looks of the older style thunder chickens... the later ones are blah... but not as blah

mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts