MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just got another 4age engine for me to rebuild and stick in to replace my high milage overheating lump.

Spent all day stripping it down - boy there are a lot of nuts and bolts!! Came to checking the wear on parts, and it turns out that the engine has bigger big ends than stated in the haynes manual, it turns out it doesn't cover 2's after '87.

Would someone be so kind to post the specified journal diameter and tolerance please?

Also, although i should probably search the forum for this, has anyone on here stuck throttle bodies of a motor bike on there 2? Its a common mod on Swift GTIs.

Cheers,

Bob.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The ends should be 42mm vs. the earlier 40mm I believe. I havent heard of anyone putting street bike tb's on their MR2, atleast its not too common on here, mostly because the US MR2's are AFM, not MAP sensored.. Where are you located?

Brando

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
this is a great link to how the neon guys doe their ITBs from sport bikes... lots of good info on how to do it.... i've been tempted from time to time to try something like this....
http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48253

but the easier way to go realy is pick up some 20v TB's... and an adapter plate... no serious fab required then... although i can see taking the tvis, making that an adapter to the bike TB's and running the bike TB's not being to seroiusly dificult... assuming you've gotten the engine managment sorted

mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts