MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned my friend onto one in near perfect condition for 7K, we just back from picking it up. This confirms that German engineering is truely something special. The feel of everything in that Porsche was RIGHT! I was most impressed w/ the feel of the steering. American cars are too loose IMO and even JDM isn;t quite as refined as that German feel. I drove a M3 a 745 a 911 and now this 944. Mercedes isnt quite as nice IMO. Anyhoo. Just on a high right now as we share cars all the time. I know its just a 944 and in his opinion my 2 is faster, however that thing is a blast to drive. Heres a link to the actual car. Tell me what U think?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/car/125834696.html

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Awsome looking car man! those turbo models can make 400whp semi easy and they are an awsome ride!!! 2nd favorte car next to the MR2's of course

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i couldnt believe how clean it was. They drive very diff from the 2 obviously. In my 2 I get better boost at 1/2 throttle. In the 944 U have to go full throttle for the engine to come alive and drive like a sports car. After that 2nd gear greets you with a chirp and your off. Its a BLAST!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Be careful though, 951's are a bitch to work on. Anything with the turbo and it calls for a ton of work to get it out. On the good side, it will be worth it with how clean it looks. Very nice!! Have fun!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another difference in the 944 from most other Turbos. The throttle has a long travel which gives you great range on acceleration. much easier to control your acceleration. What I mean is that often I can accelerte really fast or kind of average, not too much play inbetween. if my throttle was a volume knob it would read 0, 2, 3, 6, 10
944 0-10 w/ no skips inbetween.

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
It was one of the easiest cars for me to drive fast. It was perfectly balanced.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mow said:
It was one of the easiest cars for me to drive fast. It was perfectly balanced.
Do you think that the styling has preserved well over the years?

·
Registered
351 Posts
i love these cars...944's i had to let mine go for money resones..i had a 1987 turbo, 1990 s2, and a 1983 project track. had let go of the on feb. 2005 they handel great and very fast cars one thing i can say is take care of it its not so cheap to fix and replace parts specialy on the turbo and much known s2. if you want to get it faster bore it out to a 2.8 with a kkk27 turbo... you will be hiting close to 500hp doing 11's all day. good luck with it and have fun. ( i miss mine so much.....)

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
rhudeboye said:
Do you think that the styling has preserved well over the years?
I like the '85 and later styled cars. The interior looks more modern. Also the turbo's have a better looking front.

The earlier cars look dated now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts