MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I am still trying to figure out what that plug/connector is for down by the fuel sending unit.
Diggin in mine and cannot see a connector like that, it's an 1985 shell with a late 1986 wire harness. I have one 4 wire connector somewhat similar that isn't connected to anything either.... What are the wire colors? White with black stripe is chassis ground and I am pretty sure the green wires are for the brake lights or could also be for radio.

I do have the original '85 harness buried around here in a tote. If we cannot find an answer easily, I'll go about digging it out and hopefully can get an answer that way.

·
Registered
1987 AW11
151 Posts
Yeah that could certainly be part of the problem. I know that one injector was plugged maybe not completely but significantly but I suspect at least one if not 2 others were the same. So perhaps a combination of plugged/gummed up injectors and the connections was causing me this issue. Starts right up and idles now (knock on wood). Now I need to put the rest of it back together.

I am still trying to figure out what that plug/connector is for down by the fuel sending unit.
I wonder if your afm was gummed up and the door stayed closed, that’s what mine did. As for the plug near the fuel sender it might not need to be plugged in. I have some plugs with no home in that area too, but everything works on my car. Guessing that might be for the cigarette lighter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks all. I will see what the wire colors are and post it. I am leaning towards it being for something I don't have but as I get the interior put back together something might pop up that I am not seeing. I don't think it is for the radio because I have the radio wires (PO installed a replacement stereo). I also don't think it would be for the cigarette lighter as I think I know where that plug is, but we will see, maybe I am overthinking it.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Thanks, unfortunately I do not do FB.
I think a great deal of regular viewers and posters here are long off or never boarded the FB train.
I've not been on for about a decade and a half. I keep hearing there lots of MR2 stuff on there but that still not gonna get me to go back.

OP Sorry to get off topic a bit. I'm done now.

Have any luck with this BTW? I've was busy all week but would go digging today or tomorrow if you still needed. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think a great deal of regular viewers and posters here are long off or never boarded the FB train.
I've not been on for about a decade and a half. I keep hearing there lots of MR2 stuff on there but that still not gonna get me to go back.

OP Sorry to get off topic a bit. I'm done now.

Have any luck with this BTW? I've was busy all week but would go digging today or tomorrow if you still needed. :)
We are in the same boat about FB.

I just returned from a work trip and will be getting back onto the car soon, I will let you know if I need anything or any information.

Thanks!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts