MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went swimming this morning and when i came home the engine started to make nosie. Loud bang nosie. Any sugguestions? Thwe car still start up with the noise, about a couple of minutes it well die. It's too loud for me to know where it is coming from. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If no one knows what it is i'm going to strip the car as much part as i can get. The cyclinder head, fuel injects, doors, anything that looks good. I give up on the car. Burns oil like hell, the engine is just too old, what it really needs is a new motor but the out is pretty rusty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
probably threw a bearing from what it sounds like.. you should wait more then an hour tho before expecting a reply

*edit* btw im not speaking with experience in MR2's, just engines in general, so could be wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
it'd be noisy, run like crap, and probably die off and on, i have a 66 ford pickup with a thrown main bearing and it runs, but it dies every now and then and doesnt like to start again for about 15 mins or so.. if you have any engine building experience i wouldnt expect it to be very hard, just probably take a little while

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like my problem. I'm not going to keep it. I'm just going to get another mk1. I have a bad experince with my first mk1. I got it cheap. I would love to keep it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts