MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of the converstion? never seen or noticed a different between the tails.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
85:

87:

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
If you have some very good condition 1985 or 1986 lights I would like to buy them for the V8 MR2.
Why go backwards? Because the early lights are MUCH lighter than the 87+. I think it was 5 or 10 pounds...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a pair of very good condition 85 lights and the center plate.
Make me an offer. Or got something for trade?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, then bill you made up my mind then. if they were the same weight i would do it, but if they weigh more, no way. weight redux all the way for me:)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I just did mine last weekend. I REALLY don't think they were that much heavier, I'd say 3lbs max.. But I can't guarentee, I didnt weigh them. Here are a few pics of mine.. Bill, If the other guy doesn't work out I'd sell ya my 86 tails. You can see they're in great condition.

Heres the pics

http://www.nwmr2.com/87tails

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
kbox said:
or buy one of our tail light gasket kits. ;)
hehe, yeah, they've seen better days.. I've got a list of gaskets I'm going to buy over the summer when I get some $$$ for stuff like that :)

·
Original
10,788 Posts
ah crap, nevermind.....

forgot i sold my other vent.... for some reason i was thinking i sold my 86 side vent, turns out it was my 89 vent......

SORRY!!!

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
thanks for the pics! I think I'll go see if anyone has an extra one in the parts section.. If not then I'll see what I can do about making one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts