MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I had accumulated all of the parts necessary to do a basic 5SFTE about 4-5 years ago. I had modded my NA engine with cams, head work, increased compression and header and I still wanted a little more power. I didn't get a chance to do it because my 5S spun a bearing and was scrapped in favor of a 3SGTE. I still have a couple pieces from back then like the intercooler and some intercooler piping (if you need them). I ended up selling most of my parts to a guy in high school in Kingsville, TX. I haven't heard if he ever got the setup running.

Mark (DSM-2-WRX on the old board) from Salem, OH did a 5SFTE a couple years ago. He didn't go too crazy with it and it was pretty fun. We took to a dyno here in Pittsburgh and it made 180 rwhp and 208 ft-lb. Here's a link to the video I took: http://beck.nbcpgh.org/5sfte dyno.wmv [1.47 MB]

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
TBeck2000 said:
I had accumulated all of the parts necessary to do a basic 5SFTE about 4-5 years ago. I had modded my NA engine with cams, head work, increased compression and header and I still wanted a little more power. I didn't get a chance to do it because my 5S spun a bearing and was scrapped in favor of a 3SGTE. I still have a couple pieces from back then like the intercooler and some intercooler piping (if you need them). I ended up selling most of my parts to a guy in high school in Kingsville, TX. I haven't heard if he ever got the setup running.

Mark (DSM-2-WRX on the old board) from Salem, OH did a 5SFTE a couple years ago. He didn't go too crazy with it and it was pretty fun. We took to a dyno here in Pittsburgh and it made 180 rwhp and 208 ft-lb. Here's a link to the video I took: http://beck.nbcpgh.org/5sfte dyno.wmv [1.47 MB]
what ever happened to him? he still around?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
He sold his '91 with only like 30k miles on it. He still has his WRX last I heard. He got married and then fell off the face of the earth. Last time I talked to him was in early 2004.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
TBeck2000 said:
He sold his '91 with only like 30k miles on it. He still has his WRX last I heard. He got married and then fell off the face of the earth. Last time I talked to him was in early 2004.
yeah, i remember that car from the meet we had in columbus in summer '03

psh... MR2 > WRX ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much u looking to get for the intercooler and piping, anything else you have lying around??

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
You can have them for $20. They aren't doing me any good. It's a stock 3SGTE intercooler and the hot pipe (which holds the BPV). I think that's all I have that would help you out on the 5SFTE.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
TBeck2000 said:
You can have them for $20. They aren't doing me any good. It's a stock 3SGTE intercooler and the hot pipe (which holds the BPV). I think that's all I have that would help you out on the 5SFTE.
damn you, i would have taken that pipe. :thumbdown

·
Monkeys are Funny
1,288 Posts
Mestup, also look up Jim Snodgrass (Snodgrass23 on SpyderChat). He was doing a fully built, frankenstein 5s block/3S head thing. He finally got fed up with it and parted it out, but he did have it running before doing that.

-Eric

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TBeck2000 said:
Ok, i dont need them right away, but next mr2 meet, we'll meet up sound good??

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Anybody want a stock 2g DSM intercooler? I've got a spare laying in my garage. Free. Inlet pipe is damage at the end, but unless you're putting it on another 2g DSM you're gonna cut them off and weld on something else anyways... *Might* even be able to cut off the damaged part and re-bead the end. Anyways, it's free to whoever takes it off my hands first!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Bump.

Mestup, are you still interested in the intercooler and whatever else I can find? If so, are you going to be going to ALMS at MidOhio? I'll see what I can find and bring it along if you'll be there.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes still intrested in intercooler and everything else, i actually cant make it that weekend have another car show i am supposed to attend and a wedding so i am packed,

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
i've got one too. its got a little dent, but still good. you can have it if you want. its just taking up space in my garage. i also have the intercooler cold pipe if you want that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts