MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey mods,

can we sticky this website? It is a VERY informative website about timing belt replacement for the 5SFE. It took me a while to find it, as I found it in a thread from 2006. I think it will be very helpful to the many 5SFE owners out there. Thanks! :thumbup

::UPDATE::

I got around to uploading it onto my host. Let me know if you have any trouble or want other how-to's to be uploaded.

http://bobaab.awardspace.com

*Note: For any Internet Explorer 8 users that only sees one link on the site (there should be more), please try turning on "Compatibility Mode" via the Tools menu.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ADent55 said:
It doesn't get any clearer than that. Great pics, clear instructions, excellent writeup. Better than the BGB.
Totally agree! Better than BGB and any Service/Repair manual. It takes a considerable extra amount of time to pause and take pictures each and every step. Great job indeed Allen.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Google reports this as an "attack site."

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.baktasht.com/_html/hosted/timingbelt.html

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 34 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 18 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-06-17, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-06-14.

Malicious software includes 36 scripting exploit(s), 5 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 4 domain(s), including gumblar.cn/, reddii.ru/, traffics-inspector.cn/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including traffics-inspector.cn/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST).

I like to attempt to cheat death, though, so I'm going to go there anyhow.

Edit:
The requested URL /_html/hosted/timingbelt.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

·
Registered
25 Posts
does anyone know of another walk through that i can use for replacing my timing belt?? I was hoping to tackle this project this weekend, but the site is down. Thanks

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I hope it gets back up. Maybe Allen has the pictures on his hard drive or something or some kind of backup. This walkthrough was invaluable to me. It was so much clearer than the BGB. My mechanical skill isn't superb but with this guide's help I nailed the repair.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Is this the writeup by Allen Yan? I have this on my hard drive. I can zip it up and email it to you if you want.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think that's the one he's referring to, the one with the tons of pictures with the red and green colors circling some bolts along with the text.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm emailing Allen now so we can figure this out...the website was hosted by baktasht so maybe he doesn't have the website anymore. Hopefully we'll get this fix asap cuz I need the instructions too :)

Can one of you guys with the instructions in a ZIP file send that to me? I can host it on Megaupload in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts