MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got dont seting my timing in my car and realized some fuel running down the #1 fuel injector and driping onto my driveway. I already replaced all the injector gaskets and was wondering what was going on. I realized last time that the fuel rail bolt on that side didnt tighten all the way, but it was tightened enough but left a small gap inbetween where the fuel injector meets the rail. I drove it like that and just noticed fuel running out of it tonight. I took everything appart and put new gaskets on again, and went to tighten the boltr on that side and it broke when i was tightening it. Lucky me when i took the bolt back out everything stayed in one peice. It looked very weak in the middle before but didnt think anything of it untill it broke. Maybe this is why i had problems with my injector leaking.....this bolt was not getting tight enough because it was stripped in the middle or something. Now my question...... Where can i get one of these bolts, and does anyone know what size thread it is? Maybe my local autopart store will have one that i can pickup instead on ordering one from toyota. My car needs to be on the road ASAP since I now go to school for my inspection license and need to get there tomm. Its 1 of the 2 long bolts that hold the fuel rail on. You guys should know what im talking about. Maybe its a universal bolt?
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, just ordered one from toyota and it was $2. It will be in tomm. Hopefully nothing on the inside of the head stripped in the process. I guess i will find out. Anyone have problems with the gasket fit on the green top injectors with the 5s? I beileve this will fix my problem but just wondering what everyone else did.

Thanks for the offers guys, maybe I will buy a few from you guys for spares......

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a problem with it leaking too. I coated the o-rings in fuel and everything, and when i took them out 3 days later they were ripped to shreds.
I bought new o rings and took my time and made sure everything went together nicely and lined up before i put the bolts in and problem solved. Dont use the force from the bolts to pull the injectors into the rail/head.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Always put some oil on the injector o-rings before installing them. Then rotate them slightly when installing to keep the o-ring from catching an edge and tearing. The oil will help swell the o-rings slightly and help provide a good seal.
Never force them.
I have to install injectors into my test fixtures all day long and don't like them to spray all over me when I damage one.

Gordon
WitchHunter Performance
Fuel injector cleaning & flow testing service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts