MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find out some info on a 5s flywheel
can you stll me how many blots are needed to atach it to the crank and do you have any pics?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one?

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
I think I might know but I don't want to give you the wrong information until I can double check on the flywheel and block I have at home. I will be out there tomorrow and can take pics and e-mail them to you if needed just give me you e-mail addy. I want to say it's 7 but not sure. Why do you need to know anyways? J/W

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[email protected]

and i have a flywheel here that someone has told me looks like teh 3s flywheel but was also unsure of how many bolts are on the 5s wheel vrs the 3s wheel and i have a 5s motor but it is no longer staying in the car if the flywheel i got was miss boxed or something like that it would be great. but i need to get some details about the two diff. flywheels befor i can find that out

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Alright, I will try and get you that info A.S.A.P. BTW how many bolt wholes are on the fidenza that you have?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh and thanks

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
No problem I will be headed out to my house by 6 p.m. when I get off from work, hopefully some can give you an answer by then but if not I will send you pics and info. Later.

·
Registered
251 Posts
8 bolts on the stock 5SFE/S54 flywheel.
You can see quite a few pictures of the OEM and Fidanza flywheels on my homepage I believe.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
well there you go. I knew someone would have the answer. I will still check though cause I would like to know my self on my block and flywheel i have at home...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought it went like this:

1st gen 5sfe 90/91/91.5 used a 6 bolt in the celica, 92+ used an 8 bolt (as far as i know)

dunno about mr2, just a heads up that you may not have 8

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Well sorry I was unable to run by my house cause we just got 6 inches a frieken snow and I didn't want to drivfe all the way out there i will definately though be there tomorrow because I have to stop by to pick something up. My block is a '91 so I can verify that 6 bolt 8 bolt theory. I could have swore it was like 7 or 8 and am pretty sure it's didn't have 6, but hey I can be wrong.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts