MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the bottom end only. It is greasy and dirty ready for a killer n/a build up. This is the 3 rib bottom end. I am located in coolidge Az.

I can also deliver to tempe area.

[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heck make ya a better offer! FREE! Come get the stupid thing. I do not want to scrap it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Would it... fit in an RA64 Celica?

If so, I could certainly use some spare parts.

Thanks for the offer, I'll see if I can get out that way.

- Ben

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I also have a 4AGE (in a car) which I am parting out. I will be getting rid of the parts car in a few weeks, and it will go to a junkyard it noone else wants it. If anyone does want it then if you can figure out a way to tow it to your place, it's yours. It has no suspension, so it cannot roll, it needs to be lifted/dragged onto a flatbed truck/trailer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have no idea on the celica. I know the crank is good, rods should be perfect etc... She was a running motor before the teardown, the timing cog for the timing belt had tons of play in it and destroyed itself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
lolol, I meant would I be able to fit it into my trunk, not would I be able to swap it into my car!

That would be an interesting swap. Probably not worth the trouble :)

- Ben

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Haha! You want to fit an entire 4AG in the trunk of your Celica? It might fit, but it'd weigh down the car a lot....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4ag block will fit in a trunk with ease. They are not to heavy, I lifted this one by myself with little stress. One with a head on it and oil in it is a little much by myself :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
At least it's not a Olds 350 short block, that was hell and it took 2 people. I couldn't imagine moving the long block with anything other than a hoist.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My sister is going up this weekend, I might be able to talk her into letting me shove it in her trunk. I'll check with her tonight and let you know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ben,
Do you still have your car? I would be interested in that engine. I know it had compression problems, but what I really need is a block. If you still have the car I may be interested in some other parts as well. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to get rid of some stuff.

RocketSC

I may be interested in going to Coolidge if that short block is still available.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Yes, Shaun I still have the engine. I am trying to get rid of the car within a few weeks. I will be keeping the tranny so with that out it might be easier to pull the engine out, but I don't really want to pull it out myself.

If you have a place to store it and want to keep it as a parts car for yourself, you can take the car for free as long as you can figure out a way to tow it, since it has no suspension and can't have wheels put on to it.

Ben

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ben,
I'd really like to take a look at the car. Are you going to be at the Pavillions tonight, 2/11? If we could arrange a time for me to check it out, maybe Sunday sometime or something, at the Pavs, that would be cool.

RocketSC

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Ok, I'll go to Pavs tonight. See you there.

Ben

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Shaun, drive the SC MR2 to Pavs if you can. I want to look at it and see a few things.

Ben

1 - 18 of 18 Posts