MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

4G63 swap progress

3K views 45 replies 8 participants last post by  FamilyMAN Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
Started this project in November. Was pretty rough but no rust. Was red. Then resprayed red. Then blue. Then black. Interior and exterior in pieces.
Tire Wheel Car Hood Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#36 ·
Yup made it! Not bad for a quick unique build and lack of sleep doing it. Lol.

My goal was 11’s, one and done, at each track. Didn’t meet goal of 11’s at each track. Spun a couple of times due to poor burnout, treaded tires and water. I started skipping the water box and it improved. I still have some launch tuning to do, to get it more consistent and quicker in 60ft but the last day of 1.54 shows the potential. Results,,, 11.8; 12.2; 11.8; 13.0; 11.7

Have a ling list of little things to do and started knocking them out Sunday already. (New speed sensor, axle c clip, cold air intake). Plenty left to do. Lol

#39 ·
Yeah, an 11 is wildly impressive to me. Fastest I've ever been on a track was 13.7 and that felt like it was screwing! I've been in a 950hp Evo but street tires on an unprepped surface are no comparison.

I agree with ZT, the turnaround was nuts. Awesome fab work, awesome determination, big two thumbs up!

#40 ·
Thanks guys. It’s probably a 10 sec car at current power level which is nutty on the street for a little go cart. (11.7 had boost drop to only 12psi, from 28, after 6 sec on purpose, plus I lifted twice).

Once I fix a couple little things, I’ll turn the boost up to 40’ish :)

#43 ·
Last weekend was cool. Drove the mr2 70 miles airport friday night to hang out at the track with Robert at Forced Performance for a front side no prep race. Helped at the booth and even helped sell a couple BIG turbos :D Got home sunday, nice cruise from airport on highways instead of interstate.

Started some prep work for Hard Tire No Prep racing with mr2. Centered rear wheels with stock trailing arms. Plan is to find a little bit taller tire. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!!!!x!!&gclsrc=aw.ds

265 vs 275 now. 40 ratio vs 35. Adds about 1/2” of height and a little more narrow to make sure it doesn't rub. Nittos I have now are about worn out (used from previous project) and are 200 treadwear, need 220 for hard tire. The goodyears aren't cheap, but they fit the requirements.

Next is front end. Going to depower rack, delete the PS BS and computers (it's already unplugged), new ball joints, new inner tie rods, and lighter front springs to help with weight transfer for no prep.

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire Aircraft

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.