MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are a ton of aftermarket intake manifolds for the 4ag 16v and 20v engines.
But I don't see any that will appear to fit the 4agze, with the SC12 mount.

Does anyone know a company who makes an aftermarket intake manifold for the 4agze?
Here is a pic of a 4agze OEM intake manifold, it has the area to bolt on the supercharger.

I don't like the fact that the cylinder #1 runner is so much longer than the other 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to pull things too far off topic, but in a relative sense, different length intake runners shouldn't matter AS MUCH when an engine is operating under positive manifold pressure (4A-GZE) vs. an engine drawing air under it's own suction power (4A-GE).

That said, I'm a perfectionist and understand if you want things to be exactly right. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,091 Posts
The runners are short enough so that they are non resonant. The inertia of the air in the runners is not very significant, and hence the length is not very significant. The length difference could be completely compensated with a cross section difference, although I have no idea if that is the case. I think that Amos is right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts