MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a Supercharged engine clip and placing it in my 86 MR2 N/A. Sorry my knowledge is poor on this engine.

Will my TRD header fit on the Supercharged engine?

Isn't there a smaller pulley to increase the output of the supercharged engine? Does this still pass smog and is it safe for the engine. Where would I buy it?

I have the mild streat Web Cams. Will these work in the supercharged engine? My guess is no. Then I may have them for sale..

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This has been discussed a million times on this board, look in the supercharger section or try a search and you will find the info you are looking for.

Yes the TRD header will fit no problems, there are speedchaser s/c pulleys out there that are smaller than stock and give more boost or alternatively you could buy a bigger crank pulley from, Nevo, Blitz , Cusco and the cams should bolt straight in but i dont know how well they would work in a boosted otor as they are designed for an n/a

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
buzzyrpm said:
Will my TRD header fit on the Supercharged engine?
Yes.

buzzyrpm said:
Isn't there a smaller pulley to increase the output of the supercharged engine? Does this still pass smog and is it safe for the engine. Where would I buy it?
Not really. We generally use a larger crank pulley to accomplish the same thing. the NST 180mm pulley is the biggest really out there. Search for NST or non stop tuning.

buzzyrpm said:
I have the mild streat Web Cams. Will these work in the supercharged engine? My guess is no. Then I may have them for sale..
What grind number??

They should work just fine. Any mild NA cam will also be good for the SC (no turbo to worry about reversion).

Marco

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I had the 294's when I was SC'd. They worked great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts