MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just saw it on TV. They have a 1.66L inline 4 for the Toyota USAC effort. Now if you take a race spec 4A and stroke it square to 81mm bore and 81mm stroke you get 1.669 L. I know you could drop the revs for most of the tracks these boys run and get away with it just fine but would Toyota have the balls to enter the series with a 20+ year old engine?

·
Premium Member
15,397 Posts
Sounds like half a Tundra V-8 motor. Shades of the 4-cylinder GM stuff from the early 60's - half a 283; or Chrysler's V-6 truck motor - a 318 with 2 cylinders shaved off. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DAMN YOU PUSH RODS!!!!! God I hate them....and Carbs....Why why NASCAR can you not notice you are HORRIBLY behind the times! and why why can't I get an internship with any of the race teams?

·
MR2-less
9,923 Posts
I thought the responses to this article were hilarious.
The first one is great:
"1. Toyota will have a hard time dominating NASCAR. It will take years upon years of experience building low-tech unreliable engines to excel in this league. They might seek advice from the experts of making engines designed around prehistoric technology (Ford/Chevy) on how this is done."

People are so ignorant. Are Americans so egotistical or just afraid of Toyota entering NASCAR?

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey i know people like that, they were hardcore ford people and wound up with a toyota solara after a car accident and they love it and said that they have had less problems with it than the other vehicles over the years.

·
20v Super Two
5,049 Posts
kirkosaurus said:
I thought the responses to this article were hilarious.
The first one is great:
"1. Toyota will have a hard time dominating NASCAR. It will take years upon years of experience building low-tech unreliable engines to excel in this league. They might seek advice from the experts of making engines designed around prehistoric technology (Ford/Chevy) on how this is done."

People are so ignorant. Are Americans so egotistical or just afraid of Toyota entering NASCAR?
Some of those comments are ridiculous. I like the guy that complains about religious prosecution...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 5.3 L nextel spec? or the 1.66L? The fear is somewhat justified. Toyota probably got a lot from GM back in the 90's and all that will get them out of the starting blocks quick. They also have near the same ammount of resources as GM and probably still some ties. They have had a very reliable decent run in F1 for the most part and won in their first season of craftsman truck series. I am (I hate to admit this) trying to get into nextel/busch/trucks and would really jump on the chance to get with a Toyota team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.