MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a guy I go with to school tune my 91t...he normally tunes the haltech standalones on rx7's, and hes installing my emanage system now, so im gonna have him tune it.

anyways, my mod list is td06 20g, tial 38mm external gate, greddy ic kit, apexi intake, spec stg 3 clutch, fuel cut elimanated, greddy emanage, sx afpr, twos r us mbc, and im using a wideband he's letting me use for free.

anyways, i told him i would post this up for helpful tips on tuning the emanage..he has looked over the manual and said it looks really easy but i want to get some info just so i know my car is safe :)

id like to get to the 280whp limit with my mods, but what are some goals that he should hit?

example like the a/f and other helpful hints with tuning the 3sgte or emanage specifically..he normally tunes rx7's like i said, but he also has tuned an sr20 240sx.

thanks!
-nick

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Assuming you have the greddy MAP sensor (this is almost a must if you plan on using the emanage in the 2).

Pick up a data logger otherwise the wideband info is almost useless. Plot the WB output vs RPM's
Set boost to desired level if you haven't already.
Use the additional fuel map to add fuel. do not alter the airflow map.
Aim for 11.5 AFR under boost.

If you have the timing harness as well (or made it with remnants of the main harness) you can play with timing to get a tad more out of the engine at the cost of its safeguards.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
redblues said:
Assuming you have the greddy MAP sensor (this is almost a must if you plan on using the emanage in the 2).

Pick up a data logger otherwise the wideband info is almost useless. Plot the WB output vs RPM's
Set boost to desired level if you haven't already.
Use the additional fuel map to add fuel. do not alter the airflow map.
Aim for 11.5 AFR under boost.

If you have the timing harness as well (or made it with remnants of the main harness) you can play with timing to get a tad more out of the engine at the cost of its safeguards.
Drop the timing, do not increase timing!
When you are tricking ecu into thinking there is less airflow (aka less fuel to the injectors) then it will also do what IT thinks is normal and advance the timing as the ECU has no idea that it is under more load then it thinks.

So if you have ot cut alot of fuel also drop timing by a few degrees at least...

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
I dont think he would be dropping fuel as he is not running larger injectors.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Lol whoops never even noticed that :p I saw the biger turbo so i figured he must have 550's or something in there and didnt mention it. Failed to notice his power goals :)

Really all you want to do is use the wideband to make sure your getting safe AFR values at your boost setting. Make sure it does not go above 12...event hat is pushing it imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts