MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering purchasing a swap for $300 but the engine needs rebuilt, i was wondering how much money i will be spending to rebuild the motor... anyone have any idea? just for OEM spec not anything aftermarket

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
It depends what the motor needs. An overhaul kit with all gaskets will run you about $3-400. Then whatever parts you need, pistons, rings, rods, bearings, etc. Depending on what you need. Plus machine shop labor.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
SW20/20 said:
How much are the short blocks at Iron Toad?

Partznet.com lists at: $1,526.28
that's concelli not toad though.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Keep in mind that to motor is no place to scimp on parts, just remeber the old saying "You get what you pay for". Cheap is not always better!

Ask around and find a good reputable machine shop to any machining work required.

Figure out what is needed, make a list (don't forget to add any taxes and shipping cost). Once you have done this use Mikey's rule of thumb - double your estimate and you'll be pretty close.

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
White91NA said:
ok, so give me an estimate for the overhaul, forged pistons, oem rods, main bearings...?
my engine rebuild with forged pistons, new bearings, gaskets & seals, oversized valves (probably new valve guides), a 5SFE crank ground to accept 3SGTE rods is around $2000 at this point. this is just for parts (premium quality parts :)), i am doing all of the labor myself.

-Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts