MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 MR2 with a gen 4 swap and it had been blowing heavy white smoke from the exhaust. I figured that I had blown the head gasket so I sent the head in to get redone and replace the head gasket. I put everything back together and it seemed to run fine for the first week and now it is blowing heavy white smoke from the exhaust again. I know it has something to do with the coolant because I am constantly having to refill it. I also checked my turbo water lines to make sure water wasn’t seeping by the turbo. I don’t know what else it could be. Please help, thanks

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Did they mill the head? How much coolant do you Have to add per oil change? I get smoke out my exhaust especially on cold mornings but I don’t have to add coolant.

It’s probably head gasket.But..are the spark plugs white? Have you tried a Leak down test or Coolant pressure test?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m almost positive that I installed the head gasket right. I did have the head milled. I checked the spark plugs they are not white. I am having to add coolant every day, I’ll top the coolant off and take it for a 30 minute drive and come home and it has used all the water from the reservoir. I haven’t performed a leak down or coolant pressure test but I will give that a shot to see what results I get.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
That much coolant would show on the plugs. I assume the coolant system has been bleed properly.

I’m with jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts