MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am having the AEM ems installed on my 91 turbo mr2 right now. I got to thinking though, could I make a simple adapter/jumper harness and plug the AEM up to my 20v 4age in my MKI mr2. I know I will have to have 2 seperate maps (one MKII and one MKI) but the main thing is the price of the universal AEM to go on the 20v. I want to be able to run the AEM on either car if that is possible. They both have the same type dizzy's, same type tps, etc so I really don't see a problem as long as I put the right wires to each pin on the AEM. That is what the adapter/jumper harness would be for.

Does anyone know of a reason it won't work?

·
Registered
342 Posts
kameleon said:
Ok, I am having the AEM ems installed on my 91 turbo mr2 right now. I got to thinking though, could I make a simple adapter/jumper harness and plug the AEM up to my 20v 4age in my MKI mr2. I know I will have to have 2 seperate maps (one MKII and one MKI) but the main thing is the price of the universal AEM to go on the 20v. I want to be able to run the AEM on either car if that is possible. They both have the same type dizzy's, same type tps, etc so I really don't see a problem as long as I put the right wires to each pin on the AEM. That is what the adapter/jumper harness would be for.

Does anyone know of a reason it won't work?
It will work just fine. Let me know if you have any questions setting it up. I have a 20V in my Mk1, and I even use the Mk2 turbo igniter/coil! Has plenty of spark power and the factory tach still works like, well, factory. :)

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome... now just to figure out the wiring. I can get the 3sgte ecu pigtails for like $20 or so and then I just need the 20v (auto ecu) ecu plugs. I think that a smallport 4age uses the same or very similar ecu plugs. I am sure I can do a direct wire for wire hookup. Then it is just trying to get the money together for the tuning. :)

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

I sent you an email in reguards to this a few days ago. Have you happen to recieved it?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Should be pretty straight forward, Toyota is consistant with most wiring color codes between different engines/platforms, makes rewiring easier.

I'm using a AEM for the 3SGTE on my 1987 MR-2 with a 4AGTE, runs great...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts