MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Low mileage, clean, unmolested cars go for more once they get to that collectable level. I chopped up a 1969 Lotus to put a 2GR in it and have swapped engines in 240Z's. Build it for what you want unless it's rare and already started it's climb. Look on Bring a Trailer, through the history and you will see what they sell for.

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
Ok, lets try this. A really clean, lower miles 91-93 MK2 Turbo in stock condition will go for anywhere between $12k - $25k depending heavily on miles and year.
Would anyone out there care to buy my 8J2 (rare) 93na hardtop (doubly rare) with a 2GR for $12k? I'll listen to offers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does doing a 2GR swap make the value drop in the future?
Yes and no. If you have a 94-95 super low mileage collector grade car and you 2GR swap it the value would drop. If you have common color 91 with 100k+ miles and you do the swap properly then the value would increase. The increase won't come anywhere close to the cost of actually doing the swap.

Ok, lets try this. A really clean, lower miles 91-93 MK2 Turbo in stock condition will go for anywhere between $12k - $25k depending heavily on miles and year.
Would anyone out there care to buy my 8J2 (rare) 93na hardtop (doubly rare) with a 2GR for $12k? I'll listen to offers.
I'll trade you a 91 white t-top turbo with gen4 swap.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes and no. If you have a 94-95 super low mileage collector grade car and you 2GR swap it the value would drop. If you have common color 91 with 100k+ miles and you do the swap properly then the value would increase. The increase won't come anywhere close to the cost of actually doing the swap
Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
161k on chassis
2GR out of a 16k mile 2008 Highlander, done at ~155k. E53 trans.
Marc's mount, MAF + ECU and headers. Alex's Y-pipe (modded), cat and Fujitsubo muffer
Clearcoat gone on roof, spoiler, trunk lid and rear bumper.
EHPS and (Spyder) ABS, no A/C. Approx 2650 lbs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the cruise control workin?
I am thinking of doing the 2GR swap but I’ve heard cruise control may not be feasible.

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
Heh... SC with 45k miles. No, it's not a 5spd. Soon to be on BaT.
The Cressy is getting a mild powertrain update (hence up on jackstands). 2JZ-GE out of an 02 IS300.

As far as CC goes, I've yet to work on that, but there are some threads on here about it. I thought it was just a matter of new resistor values in the switch. Some have definitely gotten it to work.

I'll trade you a 91 white t-top turbo with gen4 swap.
@Oats - Sorry, but once you driven a V6 MR2, there's no going back to 3S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts