MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I've been making adapter PCBs for the Link plug-in Extreme ecu to adapt it to more applications than the ones currently offered by Link themselves. For example I've done Gen4 3sgte, Gen5 3sgte, and 4AGZE so far, with designs in the works for a couple of Miata applications already as well as a schematic done for putting a Link ECU into a HydraEMS case (lol). Anyway - I've been looking at doing the 2GR application as well with a plug in option and more specifically the later 2 connector versions that seem to be the most popular. I have been unable to successfully locate the OEM ecu connector for sale aftermarket, or any design information for the same. So I purchased a 2011 Sienna ECU and some desoldering equipment to explore the feasability of harvesting the OEM ecu header from the stock computer. After successfully harvesting this header I looked up the part number on TE's site (given it said TYCO on the connector) and it is a restricted connector, which means the only source would be used ecus at this point in time. The ECU cases are quite tight, but it does appear that with minor modification a plug-in ecu should be feasible to package into the factory case. The biggest issue I see with the factory case would be sending expansion and USB commuincations out - it would compromise the weather-proof-ness of the case, but most of these swaps are putting the ECU in the trunk or inside a passenger compartment I assume.

My goal with this post is to be able to gauge interest in this project and have a place to post information or ask and answer questions regarding this project.

So the Link plug-ins can do dual VVT control for intake and exhaust and up to 4 cams, DBW, CAN bus, 6 injector sequential, 6 coils, etc. no problems.

So far I've found the pinouts for the 2007 Rav4 and the 2012 Rav4 on Frankenstein Motorworks and Wilhelm Raceworks website. Are there any other variations to the pinout using the same 126 pin 2 connector ecu header?

Here's a sort of ECU header image I put together from the connector images, but reversed all the numbers and housings horizontally so they would appear as they do on the ecu side looking into the connector.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just checked and the 2015 Sienna ECU uses the same plugs as the 2009 Rav 4, but some of the wires are in different locations. Biggest one being that the VVT sensors are individually wired on the Rav 4, but are sort of wired together on the 2015 Sienna.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked and the 2015 Sienna ECU uses the same plugs as the 2009 Rav 4, but some of the wires are in different locations. Biggest one being that the VVT sensors are individually wired on the Rav 4, but are sort of wired together on the 2015 Sienna.
If you have the actual pinout for the 2015 sienna that would be helpful. Share a link if you have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts