MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know if 205/50s on a 16x7.5 +45 wheel (300zx wheel) will fit up front on a sw20? Running stock shocks w RSR springs. Right now I have 205/45s up front, they look kinda dumb. If 205/50s won’t fit then I’ll just have to grow up lmao. I’ve seen different answers on different discussions, just wanted to clarify if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I don't think he understood your question correctly. I don't recall if I had 50 or 55's before on stock shocks but they definitely did hit. Sorry to put you back at square one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think he understood your question correctly. I don't recall if I had 50 or 55's before on stock shocks but they definitely did hit. Sorry to put you back at square one.
Damn really?? that sucks :( thank you man, I appreciate it

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Your offset may be a bit high at +45 on a front 7.5" to properly clear a 205/50-16 - you may need a thin spacer but I'd try it without it first.

I had 225/45-16 fronts for years on my turbo and it's almost the same diameter/circumference as 205/50-16.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your offset may be a bit high at +45 on a front 7.5" to properly clear a 205/50-16 - you may need a thin spacer but I'd try it without it first.

I had 225/45-16 fronts for years on my turbo and it's almost the same diameter/circumference as 205/50-16.
They ended up fitting perfectly! About a quarter inch from the perch haha, zero rubbing. Thank you! Love your car :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nope. I definitely did understand the question. Like i said, I am running a 205/55/16 and it fits, albeit barely. The runout of the tire did rub on the spring perch a teeny tiny bit, so a smaller tire would obviously fit... There is plenty of backspace, its the space between the tire and spring perch that is the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. I definitely did understand the question. Like i said, I am running a 205/55/16 and it fits, albeit barely. The runout of the tire did rub on the spring perch a teeny tiny bit, so a smaller tire would obviously fit... There is plenty of backspace, its the space between the tire and spring perch that is the issue.
(I knew you did! 😂) Thank you man! :) you gave me confidence to go buy the tires haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts