MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
No cutting out,
No new map sensor
Manual boost controller
What do you mean how am i getting boost pressure?
I'm wondering how you are measuring boost.
External sensor on the dyno?

Also, did you change CR much with the forged internals?

·
Registered
521 Posts
You need to do a boost leak test like everyone has said 100x to confirm no leaks. Also compression test should be done cold and hot. I have seen engines test good cold and test bad when hot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm wondering how you are measuring boost.
External sensor on the dyno?

Also, did you change CR much with the forged internals?
Boost was measured by the dyno computer, and when on road by a digital boost gauge.

I would assume the CR changed when forged, but the same builds from the same builder have all made 280-300bhp with similar mods and boost pressure as myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You need to do a boost leak test like everyone has said 100x to confirm no leaks. Also compression test should be done cold and hot. I have seen engines test good cold and test bad when hot.
Compression is spot on mate. Will perform a boost leak test when i replace my worn out turbo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi All,

Replaced my leaking/smoking turbo with a nice freshly rebuilt one, along with a nice decat downpipe to replace my old one which i found to have been cracked around the diameter almost 90% of the way!

A lot of poor driving characteristics have now gone, I'm running it at actuator pressure at the moment but will re-install my manual boost controller soon. Hoping to get back onto the Dyno next month, not sure if this will give me back my missing power, but I sure hope so!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts