MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there was going to be one of these this year. No one has mentioned anything yet, but with January days looking as beautiful as they are today, I am down for an MR2 Meet, sooner, than later. Anyone have any ideas for where and when, or who else might be down?

I could probably get stevomr2,sleepinmr2 and cracka on rice to come, so theres 4 MR2 turbos right there. Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I am interested in mid-late March. I go to UMR and I have an MR2 buddy here with me too.

Jason, Sleepin-MR2, where thinking of March a meet of the weekend of March 31st to April 2nd. Something along those lines. Okay, well, we just thought it would be a good weekend!

KC meet or St. Louis meet; not a problem.

Doug

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you give me enough head up i'll come down from chicago with my SMG turbo, previous owner lived in St louis and i have some friends in St. Louis - one of them owns a Red NA 2. And i might be able to get my friend from So. IL. to come up in his yellow NA.

I don't check this forum out very often but i saw a new post with St louis meets. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

BTW there is a meet on Feb 18 a couple of hours away from Chicago if you guys are interested search for "North meets south"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, how bout one of the more influential mr2 owners organize a meet. Everyone seems to know Jason, Arjay or Bill on here, I think one of them should come up with the time and place, atleast then I would know its gonna have good show up.

And preferably something that doesnt require 75 bucks or so to participate in. Not everyone here has the mods or cash for a dyno session.

Might I suggest a test and tune tuesday in March, at gateway international raceway? 15 bucks, low turn out at the track, and everyone can practice there launches.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i think we should go with the early march also...right now it's still cold as hell, and snowing outside. when does gateway open? would anybody be interested in getting a bunch of people together for a dyno session somewhere though (maybe at adrenaline or something)? i will organize it, but i'd need a list of people that are willing to go

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
im always down for a meet. count me in as long as its not between march 25th-30th while im in CO.

I think we should watch the weather and shoot for a weekend sometime in the next 3 or 4 weeks to have a micro meet, just like whatever 4 or 5 people that actually feel like showing up for but it wouldnt be the actual meet. My cell number is in the last post about a meet so if theres one that pops up someone call me!! I dont check this section of the forums that much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

First of all I dont even need dynotuning, im on my stock turbo and stock fuelsystem with no way of changing my fuel maps, so unless its 15 bucks which is what a couple of runs down at gateway would cost it would be pointless to go to a dynosession for some of us.

WHich brings up another point, dynosessions, even in groups are atleast 75 dollars. So that would pretty much phase out all the poor mr2 owners right there, which makes up a large percentage of us. I was thinking more just meet at a park somewhere, have scenic drive somewhere with lots of turns and places to open it up, and have some fun and meet somewhere else like GIR.and call it a day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.