MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen this done. Is it not possible to do? I have a blown 4agze aw11 motor and a blown 4age bluetop (maybe something useful on it) and I was thinking of frankenstining something together with a 20v head and a supercharger. Those 20 valves on ebay are sooo cheap, and the head by itself is 150-$200. Maybe I could use the crankshaft and rods from the 20 valve cuz my 4agze ones are shot, the ze pistons, and the 20 valve head. I'd have to go stand alone, wouldn't I? The sc or 20 valve ecu's wouldn't work with that mix?

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just read that the 4agze intake manifold wont bolt onto the 20v head. Is this true? If so, how incompatible are they? Maybe I could machine an adapting plate or sumthin. I'd really like to use the 4agze intake cuz I know I can't just strap on the sc12 to the 20v intake.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
They are totally different. Do a search, there are some threads where people have tried this. The consensus is that you need an aftermarket ecu and a custom intake manifold.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have built what your pondering,not running yet but it will be standalone and is race only.Forget the gze intake,its p.o.s. anyways,use the itb's and just make a sealed airbox.Gze 8.0cr pistons clear the 20v,not sure if the later 8.9's would or not.
The bottom gze sc mount bolts right on(to the 20v block) and an upper mount needs to fabbed along with water outlets etc.Use the gze water pump with the pipe extension as the charger is in the way of using the 20v or 4ag pump.
Mine is in the car(ae86)and needing to fab the I/C piping etc,I can post up some pics later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts