MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site so maybe this topic is somewhere else but do anyone know something about 2.4l mr2s. :evillaugh

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah,

go to www.extremeboost.com, LB (Jeffrey Burke) is running 2.4L stroker. Dunno how he's done it tbh but it's the only 2.4 in the world i believe unless someone can prove otherwise. He's also making 808rwhp which is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
677 Posts
he did it with darton sleaves..thats how. hondas use darton sleaves all the time, so he may be the only mr2 known right now.. but go to honda-tech.com and search for darton sleaves.....you will find lots.

david

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I dont think the Darton sleeves are ABSOLUTELY necessary to reach what LB did, but I dunno. We have a stout motor as it sits. It has been pushed to 755RWHP with SPRAY (the SPRAY was presumed to be the cause of failure at that point, not the power), and the 5S block is supposed to be a little stronger even (until proven otherwise I guess). IMHO anyways! Peace!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Rosario's corolla made 960hp on a 2.2L 3sgte...SO it does hold a lot of power, if done correctly.

T

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
if you took a 5S-FE crank, and offset ground it UP in stroke to fit the smaller 3S-GTE rod journals, you would get a super stroke crank...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure it was stroked 93smgturbo. Or, at least he said he had plans to do that in Modified Mag about a year ago.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Jeff's motor used a 91 x 91 bore and stroke. Standard dimension 2.2 stroker crank in other words, and the aforementioned sleeves to house the big pistons.

Thats 2367cc.. or near to it

When I was machining up my stroker, I considered offset grinding to reach 93 or 95mm stroke... its perfectly possible with the right pistons & rods... but plenty have proven recently that you dont need the longer stroke capacity to make big numbers so I decided to avoid the dramas of such sillyness and stay 2.2 with a higher redline

95mm stroke with 91mm bore. Now that would be sillyness :)

-Tristan

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Oh and someone in Aust with a GT4 claims to be running a 2.4 litre 3SGTE. Though I have my doubts and its far from proven.

...not that the technical knowhow is beyond the guy.. he has a 1UZFE V8 mounted in another GT4, spinning the rear wheels.

-Tristan

·
Registered
872 Posts
That story about Justin's car in Speed was wrong. His GT4 was running a ST205 2.0 with a bunch of bolt on mods. The stroker apparently belongs to a friend of his in the US.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
joshstix said:
That story about Justin's car in Speed was wrong. His GT4 was running a ST205 2.0 with a bunch of bolt on mods. The stroker apparently belongs to a friend of his in the US.
Thanks for confirming that :)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
MR2liter said:
Can we PLEASE get some more details on this.
I have nothing technical, I read it a magazine about this years contenders in the import scene. I was at 960whp, but decided to go down to 900whp for reliablitity reasons.
But someone should have some info on it...come on people.

T

1 - 20 of 38 Posts