MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MK. II RACING
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the 1st meet of the year for the MSMOC found a total of 5 MR2's present. Not bad for a cloudy, windy, cold day!

1) James was there first in his MONSTER 2002 blue spyder (AWESOME as usual). The new bolts on that HAAS turbo manifold and the stabilizing bracket made for the turbo looked real TOP NOTCH! (226rwhp in a TRD/Sportivo Spyder equals one REAL FAST Spyder!!)
2) I arrived next riding with Jim in his 2001 Liquid Silver Spyder ( found Jim 4 doors down from me--he just moved here a few months ago from Nashville ). Still stock (except for Scion mp3 player radio) but, after riding with James I'm sure we will be having install meets for Jim very soon!
3) Ken G. arrived next in his Super White Badell Racing V6 93 MR2. It looked and sounded GREAT (sounded EXOTIC!!). It was really cool to finaly see this car at a meet! The work on the V6 conversion was BEAUTIFUL!
4) Ken C. was next in his black 91T sporting new rotors and less aggresive brake pads. But, his MR2 is still running great!
5) Everette then showed up in his 91T BLACK BEAUTY. He had the ct20b, GReddy IC on and he said it made a HUGE difference in the engine. He also had that AWESOME HUGE polished aluminum BIG brake kit from Wilwood installed. IT looked fantastic! The polished calipers and slotted & cross-drilled rotors rally stood out and Everette said the brake made the MR2 come to a stop real QUICK! Everette stated that Travis did all the work and seemed to have done a REALLY GREAT JOB!

James and Ken G, gave out rides and drives in their cars and we ate some Sonic and talked. Weather Man turned out to be wrong though (was supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees F--yeah right) and the weather was windy and cold. Meet ended around 3:30pm. I then rode shotgun with Jim and showed him a few of the roads that we have done scenic drives on. Many THANKS to those that made it out. AND BIG THANKS to making Jim feel right at home. Jim seems real nice and VERY enthusiastic about MR2's. He has even offered to help me get the "raptor" back on the road.

Can't wait till the next meet in Feb. Eric and I should be there in OUR MR2's. See y'all next month!

Daniel

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Sounds like you all had fun. Would have been nice to come out, but just so busy with stuff lately. One day I will make it over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts