MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many others out there, I'm looking to go N/A, and was curiuos as to what kind of HP numbers have been reached already. I recently brought my heads to a guy who flow benched them and said they have great potential, but the cams are are just too mild. I know that Weasy2K is working on some cams for it, but I wanted some input as to what kind of numbers are possible and at what expense to driveability. Yes I know that there are superchargers, and turbos, but I'm difficult and really want to go N/A. \m/

·
Registered
350 Posts
N/A? I've never heard of anyone breaking 230bhp on one.
The crappy people/biz DOA long ago said they had made some 300bhp SOHC 3vz-e's. Tho I doubt anyone believes them (I don't, they're total douches to the general Toyota community they sell to.)
You could, in theory, say the FE heads give 50 horsepower - so atleast 350bhp.

You'll need a big compression ratio, crazy cams, ported & polished heads with the maximum valve size allowed (Which I believe is only +1mm on the exhaust valves!). Lightweight flywheel (If not in an A/T)
You could always shell for a stroker kit.

Advanced piggyback, or stand alone along with all associated fuel, ignition, and sensor mods.

Porting the intake manifold, and modifying/replacing the Upper Intake Air Chamber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts