MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a code 52 for a 5SFE? I see that it's a knock sensor code for the 3SGTE but I can't seem to find any info for it for the 5S. My car is misfiring and that's the only code it's throwing.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
Interesting, as I do not see a code listed for 52 on 5SFE either. Hate to ask, but are you sure it's not a 25 (After the long pause in pulses ~4.5s, what is the pulse count?)

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
Dang, sure enough reads "52" to me too! Now I know the Camry based 5S-FEs had a knock sensor. Is the engine/ecu original? Is it possible it received a new engine that came from Camry? In the end the only way to check for sure, is to look under the intake manifold and see if the sensor is there. Typical reaction to bad knock sensor is fuel enrichment and retarded timing...such can cause what you describe.
Vertebrate Product Organ Human Plant
(From Camry Manual)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So just to update this in case anyone else ever has this issue, a cap blew on my ECU, I had a friend solder in new caps but he didn't get the stuff from the blown cap cleaned all the way up and it got into a mosfet and was causing it to short out. A new ECU fixed all the issues I was having.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
Ouch, that's a painful failure!! Wow what a mystery! Glad you got it resolved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts