MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beautiful 1991 Mr2 Turbo in Steel Mist Gray. Polished 17" Supra wheels(8"&9.5"),genuine Phoenix Departure Pro85 exhaust, KO Street Brawler Turbo kit, HKS 264 cams. 500 miles on Chico Raceworks built engine. 500 miles on new 215/40-17 ft and 245/40-17 rear tires.Expensive repaint in original color 2 years ago. Changed roof color to black at that time. Lots of other stuff . Fast. Same owner since 2001.
Located in Sacramento Ca.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
Nice looking 91T there. Might want to mention what parts of CA you are located in, though guessing its norcal based on ChicoRaceWorks engine and fall colors on trees in first pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking 91T there. Might want to mention what parts of CA you are located in, though guessing its norcal based on ChicoRaceWorks engine and fall colors on trees in first pic.
Thanks Jim, great guess! Car and I are in the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't want to hijack your for sale thread, but do you have any specifics for fitting the Supra wheels to the MR2? I have a couple of sets, but couldn't come up with the proper spacer/tire arrangement to get them to work without some sort of interference. I think your car looks outstanding with these wheels, and have only seen one before that made them work, but as I recall, the rears had to be narrowed. Your ad says they are the stock widths on your car. Is there any interference? Other suspension mods to make them work? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the positive words. The rear fit with no modification needed , however the front needed a custom spacer. It was a long time ago that I installed these wheels so I don't' remember the exact thickness. I think it was somewhere in the 6 to 8 mm range. The tire sizes listed are the largest I could fit and still have a matched set. Very few options with that criteria .
I wanted my MR2 to have a stock look to it and the Supra wheels look like they could have come on the car. The only stock look fail is the outrageous exhaust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is
Beautiful 1991 Mr2 Turbo in Steel Mist Gray. Polished 17" Supra wheels(8"&9.5"),genuine Phoenix Departure Pro85 exhaust, KO Street Brawler Turbo kit, HKS 264 cams. 500 miles on Chico Raceworks built engine. 500 miles on new 215/40-17 ft and 245/40-17 rear tires.Expensive repaint in original color 2 years ago. Changed roof color to black at that time. Lots of other stuff . Fast. Same owner since 2001.
[/
  1. Is this car still available? Names Terry please email me at [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts