MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the car for about 6 years. In this time I have done lots of work, but never really driven it. Feel free to shame me as necessary.

Power steering
ABS
Sunroof

Things I have replaced :
Brakes
All soft lines
All rotors (drilled and slotted)
All pads (came with rotors)
Fluid replaced

Suspension
Front struts replaced with oem Toyota
All bushings replaced with energy suspension kit

transmission
Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing replaced with aisin (oem)
Gear oil changed
Skateboard bearing mod to shift linkage
Engine
Rear main replaced with oem
Oil pan re-sealed
Distributor o-ring replaced
Valve cover gasket
Thermostat and seal replaced
Fuel filter replaced
Fuel recent drained and

Mileage : unknown : gauge cluster says 234k Which could be true or not, more on this is the “bad” section.

Good :
Clean Texas title in my name.
Engine runs strong when it runs well ( see bad section)
Doesn’t leak
Car is rust free save the little bit on the underside of the engine cover. It has a small rust hole in the trunk lid that was repaired with new metal.
I have done lots of maintenance as listed above
Relatively clean interior seats have some small wear and tear.
Mediocre paint job (done by me) done with good materials. Epoxy primer , multiple coats of high fill and an enamel top coat in the oem color.
Bad :
car runs erratically. Sometimes it starts up and runs fine, other times it takes multiple tries to get it to run correctly, probably due to the next item
Missing right rear abs sensor
Cracked sunroof
Wiring demons : the PO or one of the many before has done some strange things with the wiring, mostly on the gauge cluster, and some things like the check engine light, backlighting, etc don’t come on.

Asking price is $4000

I am open to any feedback or questions and will take more pictures if you want to see something in more detail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have owned the car for about 6 years. In this time I have done lots of work, but never really driven it. Feel free to shame me as necessary.

Power steering
ABS
Sunroof

Things I have replaced :
Brakes
All soft lines
All rotors (drilled and slotted)
All pads (came with rotors)
Fluid replaced

Suspension
Front struts replaced with oem Toyota
All bushings replaced with energy suspension kit

transmission
Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing replaced with aisin (oem)
Gear oil changed
Skateboard bearing mod to shift linkage
Engine
Rear main replaced with oem
Oil pan re-sealed
Distributor o-ring replaced
Valve cover gasket
Thermostat and seal replaced
Fuel filter replaced
Fuel recent drained and

Mileage : unknown : gauge cluster says 234k Which could be true or not, more on this is the “bad” section.

Good :
Clean Texas title in my name.
Engine runs strong when it runs well ( see bad section)
Doesn’t leak
Car is rust free save the little bit on the underside of the engine cover. It has a small rust hole in the trunk lid that was repaired with new metal.
I have done lots of maintenance as listed above
Relatively clean interior seats have some small wear and tear.
Mediocre paint job (done by me) done with good materials. Epoxy primer , multiple coats of high fill and an enamel top coat in the oem color.
Bad :
car runs erratically. Sometimes it starts up and runs fine, other times it takes multiple tries to get it to run correctly, probably due to the next item
Missing right rear abs sensor
Cracked sunroof
Wiring demons : the PO or one of the many before has done some strange things with the wiring, mostly on the gauge cluster, and some things like the check engine light, backlighting, etc don’t come on.

Asking price is $4000

I am open to any feedback or questions and will take more pictures if you want to see something in more detail.
View attachment 70888 View attachment 70889
Sent you a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts