MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
That's perfect. I like your screw driver wire separation method. It does make it easier to see the wires on each side of the plug in the photos.
I want to confirm these plugs are wired right as I know there are differences in the GEN2 and GEN3 wiring but also between NA and turbo. Not that yours is turbo but I need to be happy they match.

Just checked and not everything matches. I'll need to do some more work to check what I have to do to make these plugs work too.
How handy are you with a multimeter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Pretty ****** but you can just tell me what to measure on amd where be all good should i just swap the body harness would it be easier?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Pretty ** but you can just tell me what to measure on amd where be all good should i just swap the body harness would it be easier?
Swapping the body harness causes other problems. Not worth it so we can work with what we have.
Testing will only be in Continuity mode or Beep mode. Simple stuff but I need to figure out exactly what I need you to test. It seems my JDM wiring diagram might be very close to your AUDM car so it might make it a bit easier.

Once I have put all the information into a document I'll get you to work though 1 plug at a time to swap it over to make it work.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Update: I have figured out the plugs in the boot. The fuse box plugs are another story. It's too late at night now to work through safely to make sure I'm moving them into the right pins. Hopefully I'm not holding you up too much, life and family takes precedence.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey mate im extremely greatfull for your time honestly cant thank you enough the only plug that doesnt fit is the boot plug

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hey mate im extremely greatfull for your time honestly cant thank you enough the only plug that doesnt fit is the boot plug
Are you able to take the same photos of the GEN2 harness of the 2 white plugs that go into the fuse box? Just need to confirm they match what I think they do.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The plugs don't 100% match with wire colours and the cars actually differ with power sources on a few pins on the smaller plug.
The GEN2 harness you removed from the car, the 2 white plugs that would go into the fuse box. Just like the photos you have posted further up the page but from the GEN2 harness that is no longer in the car. That would be great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Alright so auto electrician followed the spreadsheet and wired it all up not getting fuel or spark i honestly give up

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't added everything to the spread sheet. It was meant to be a step by step process so to not overwhelm you. The small plug in the engine bay fuse box isn't getting power to the igniter or coil yet. Check the spread sheet now to get that working.

The critical wire for the fuel pump is the FC pin. If this isn't hooked up you'll never get power to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I added it in now so it should make sense. The REV1 car has one power cable for 3 things but the REV3 car split it out. You might note the 2 missing pins in the car on the 8 pin plug EB1, 1 large and 1 small, the REV3 car has these for power where the REV1 does not. Join as per the spread sheet in the engine harness and it should starts. The wiring controlling spark and fuel is what is being changed here so once it's all in the correct places it should start and run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there i have just put a rev 3 motor in my rev 1 mr2 and have the same two connectors that dont match up i have both harnesses and ecus the same as Mr2hardtoworkon i have the engine turning over but dont have spark to get the starter relay working i bridged the white with black stripe wire to the white with black stripe wire between the two connectors in the boot that dont match up i cant see the spreadsheet your a speaking of on the thread Cheers

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hi there i have just put a rev 3 motor in my rev 1 mr2 and have the same two connectors that dont match up i have both harnesses and ecus the same as Mr2hardtoworkon i have the engine turning over but dont have spark to get the starter relay working i bridged the white with black stripe wire to the white with black stripe wire between the two connectors in the boot that dont match up i cant see the spreadsheet your a speaking of on the thread Cheers
I haven't made the spread sheet publicly available as it's not 100% complete as we are still working on it. Most is there for his specific car but you'd need to make sure yours is the same before you do any work using this spread sheet.

ECU part numbers and market of car will help first off. There are still a few pins in one plug I can't be sure of as I don't have the data for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hey mate unfortunately i had just ran out of time and had to sell the car for peanuts and had just finished painting the body i cant thank you enough for all your time and support you went above and beyond for me there isnt alot of people left in the world to do such things for others. As disapointing as selling it was loosing so much time and money im relieved the cursed bloody thing is no longer taunting me stuck in the driveway 🤣. Appreciate your efforts im sorry i didnt do better with the advice

41 - 60 of 61 Posts