MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a little about this car, i have read that it has limited slip and climate control. and that it was a limited production for 89. does anybody have any more info on this make of mr2, i have found one for sale, and would like to know more about it.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Is it the one on Hasnihon ? :)

That one needs some work, but it should be restored !

effinmr2 said:
I know a little about this car, i have read that it has limited slip and climate control. and that it was a limited production for 89. does anybody have any more info on this make of mr2, i have found one for sale, and would like to know more about it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no good thing its in canada, because that is where i live

·
Registered
911 Posts
i ust to drive one untill it was crashed abotu a year ago. Suspension is tweaked on then, recard seats and interior door skins, mom shift knob and steering wheel, electronic retracting mirrors and all the other usual things. They only came in a few colours aswell..all manual with LSD also had gold tinted t-tops, or if ur even luckier you might get a super rare hardtop one :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
question:

the AW11 SE in Canada has this steeringwheel, I like it, apart from the hiddious steeringwheelcover that is ;)

yet, the AW11 SE's that are on the page of Basirk all have a different steeringwheel, this one:

are those just missing a centercoverpiece or is it a different steeringwheel?

and does some one had a partnumber of it? (the one that's on the Canada AW11 SE)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Are you sure that's the Canadian one? It's right hand drive :p

·
Ontario's first MK1.5,'05
5,126 Posts
looks like the super edition for sale through Import concern is sold. Anyone on here buy it?

Martin

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i think that would be pretty cool to have one...i mean because i love how rare mine is and its not even a super edition...so i think having a car that rare would be pretty cool...maybe its jsut me though.

·
Registered
605 Posts
no-one who can tell me something more about the difference in those steeringwheels and or partnumbers for the one that is in de AW11 SE that is/was for sale on that canadian site? (first steeringwheel picture)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Look at this:

An other Super Edition.....

I think this is an earlier series of Super Edition's which were sold in a serie of 300 cars (look at the number at the first pic in the right upper corner) and all white/gold two-tone.

And that the blue Super Edition's are the last 270 AW11's ever build.

The difference between these and the blue ones are to much, if you ask me, to be of the same series.

Leather/alcantara seats versus the clotch recaro's, no electric folding mirrors, no mirror t-tops, but bronze-tinted-glas, an other steeringwheel (like in the SE on the Canadian site ;)) and the teardrop wheels in stead of the 15" Momo wheels.

:smile: :smile:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i just want a pair of those seats. anyone know were i could get some?

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
MOMO has a thing about two-in-one steering wheels. Alot of them can be used with or without a cover. The one I purchased had two horn buttons as well. One horn button with the cover and another horn button that fit without the cover.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts