MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side window recently went out and it will no longer roll down, I replaced the motor and also replaced the control module that was in the door, but it still won’t roll down, if I reverse the polarity of the motor it will roll up whenever I hit up on the switch on both the driver side door switch and the passenger door switch, but it won’t do anything in the down position, I’m trying to think of other solutions and I can’t think of any so I’m just asking if someone has any ideas, I saw a window control module online and don’t know if I have to get a new one, but figured I’d ask around first

·
Premium Member
12,621 Posts
Probably one of the switches is bad. Also possible that the wire harness is broken at the door hinge. Get the wiring diagram, and probe the circuit with a multimeter while you operate the switches.

There is no module associated with the passenger window. The module in the passenger door operates the power locks.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
Yeah my money is on the actual switch itself. The windows use DC Brush motors, so if it works in one direction, it'll work in the other (module just reverses polarity). If the switch is OK, then I'd check the power window controller (in the drivers door, bottom right lower side).

·
Premium Member
12,621 Posts
The power window controller only affects the driver side window. It implements the auto-down feature. The passenger window is nothing but switches and motor.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
The power window controller only affects the driver side window. It implements the auto-down feature. The passenger window is nothing but switches and motor.
Do you have a schematic of the Power Window relay box, as that is not my understanding? That the up/down on the right side goes to the left switch assembly (for the window lock) and then to the power relay box for the low side. Is the WHT/BLK just grounded inside then? (I see the dotted line to chassis GND, but don't know if that's an option or always there serving as module ground?) If so, then I certainly stand corrected and apologize for any confusion. I think I have a (broken) spare box around that I can open.

Rectangle Schematic Slope Font Material property

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many years ago..on my 91 turbo...a screw? was loose in the regulator? Actuator? Arm and eventually wore through a bit of metal that let the window go up and down.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Likely one of the wires in the flexible boot on the DRIVERS side. The passenger window wires go to the drivers door and get flexed every time the door is open/closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts