MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mk 1 for sale by original owner.
Anyone interested or do I put it back in storage again?
MR2.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dave, just curious, whereabouts in Canada are you located? I am located in Vancouver, British Columbia FYI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kilo... I am located in SW Ontario near London.
I have driven the car as far as Wawa to the West and Montreal to the East.
I bought it in the spring of 1985...one of the first sold in the area. I was on my way to pick up a new 1985 Honda Prelude I had ordered when I drove past a Toyota dealership where the owner was getting his first MR2 delivered.
I pulled in looked it over and said I wanted his next one.
I continued on to the Honda dealer and cancelled the Prelude...they said I was crazy.
I still have the buy sheets for both cars plus all the product brochures, magazine and newspaper articles for the car.
Anyway... Great car..
Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dave, that's a fantastic story about your MR2 back in 1985. It's unfortunate that we're both located at opposite ends in Canada and therefore can't meet up.
What's the mileage on your MR2 anyways? That will be a good piece of information to whoever is interested next. It's rare to find the first owner that's still holding on to one.
Good job in preserving it! Can you show us some more photos by some chance? You should drive it given the good weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave, that's a fantastic story about your MR2 back in 1985. It's unfortunate that we're both located at opposite ends in Canada and therefore can't meet up.
What's the mileage on your MR2 anyways? That will be a good piece of information to whoever is interested next. It's rare to find the first owner that's still holding on to one.
Good job in preserving it! Can you show us some more photos by some chance? You should drive it given the good weather.
Thanks Kilo.
I used to drive it to work in each day which was 100km so it has alot of Highway mileage on it...200160. It was stored in my barn since 1998 and only moved into my garage a couple of years ago so I could work on it. My neighbour has a Mk2 and we were get them back on the road together...but I had no time to work on it. So it has to go either to be stored again off site or sold.l

1 - 7 of 7 Posts