MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more specifically 17x7j B-Disk +35 offset and 17x9j A-Disk +42

the 17x7j also come in an A-Disk +29, 42, 48

the 17x9j also come in A-Disk (+29) and B-Disk (+35 and +48)

can anyone tell me what the A and B disks are? and suggest a good fitment for a 92t with coils (and tyre size if possible :)). no fender roll but i will if necessary. Also, is 17x7 okay? they also come in 17x7.5(A disk +35/+48 B disk +29/+42)

thanks
bret

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
A disk, b disk, c disk, etc (or sometimes called face) is a way of referring to the "spokes." It tells if they are concave/convex or flat. I don't know which ones are which off the top of my head (especially without knowing what wheels you are talking about ;))

The B 7.5" +29 is flush in the front and the B 9" +35 is flush in the back. Since you don't want to roll the fenders, you will be looking at higher offsets (higher offset tucks the wheel more).

Out of those choices, I'd say the A 7" +29 for about a 6mm tuck in the front. The only rear that isn't flush or sticking out is the +48 (which is a B), but that's a 12-13mm tuck. So you could get a spacer to make it look better...

Or else go with the B 7.5" +42 and the B 9" +48 for about an even tuck on each.

Depends what you are going for...

-G-

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

lol oh yeah they are gialla volcano's. i'm not against rolling the fenders, i probably will, but just don't have it done right now.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
A- Standard Disk / concave the pushed in look
B- Deep Rim Disk / flat
C- Big Caliper Disk / convex the rounded out look to clear the nice 8 piston calipers lol

thats the norm for most places thet sell real wheels

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would H, M and L be as far as disks go?

Also, would 17x9.5 + 42 or +32 fit?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
+42 good possability it will fit but will be REALLY close to the strut
the +32 will stick out 8 or so mm b/c ppl say my 9.5 +35 si out 4 or 6 mm but i feel its just right :)

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
sportlines and agx's for now......

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
i don't think they will fit on coil-overs..... thats whats held me off so far
you have too look at it like this the strut assembly has the spring sitting on a perch ABOVE the tire where a coil-over has it running way down the side depending on how hi/low you have them set.

i currently have 8mm or less of clearance in between the rim and the stock strut and if you look at the pics of my car that outside is flush right where it should be (according to me) some claim it sticks out but with a straight edge against the wheel it hits the fender leaving a mm or so in between it and the top edge of the wheel

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
flared or wide body and there would be no issues...... dont only take my word twards it get some others input

i THINK 9.5 is just too wide for coilovers on a stock body mr2 BUT i could be wrong i have been before

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
righto well i'm trying ... all i can do is flail my arms a little more and maybe i can get some more opinions :) thanks for your help tho

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
18X9.5 +35 on a stock bodied mr2 sportlines as mentioned above,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like that look actually, maybe i'll just have to spend the $$ and get flares or something... anyone else running Nx9.5 in the rear?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
few but not many again you will need to run a +35 or better to clear the coil so it will push the wheel out of the fender further.

ehhh 9.5s are weak sause now i will have a set of 10.5s or 11's if all goes right by the end of the summer with stock fenders..... just a little pulled :thumbup

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol. well i found out that the 9.5s actually can be custom ordered to whatever offset you want.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
more specifically this is the quote i got rom the wheel rep

rep said:
For 17x7.5 there is 31 offset for H Disk, 32, 38, 44, and 50 offset for M Disk. You can also custom order offset 30 to 13 for H Disk, 50 to 32 for M Disk, and 50 to 37 for L Disk. For 17x9.5, there is 32 and 42 offset for L Disk. You can also custom order offset of 40 to -13 for H Disk, 50 to 6 for M Disk, and 50 to 11 for L Disk.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
cant give you anything never heard of h m or l disk a,b and c i can work with.... or maby it means high med and low...

what coilovers do you have

1 - 20 of 25 Posts