MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive seen most mr2s run staggered wheels. has anyone run 17x7s for all 4 wheels? what kind of tires would i need to get if it is possible? does anyone have any pics of the 17x7 setup? Or would a 17x7 front and 18x7.5 rear be better?

·
Premium Member
13,698 Posts
Or, if you are totally set on a certain wheel that is only offered in 17x7, atleast put some wider tires on the rear, like some 225/40/17's

·
Registered
636 Posts
i have 17x7's with 215/40 in the front and 225/45 in the rear. I also have 1/4" spacers on the back. Looks ok, but i would rather have staggered. They are also 40mm offset so the front looks good, but the rears are a little tucked.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Quite a few people have, because many wheels aren't offered in good MR2 sizes. You will probably only have a 10-20mm difference in the tires, but that's better than nothing. Would 17x7 and 18x7.5 be better? That depends on what you mean by better. It will change your tire choices, but the larger wheel is also going to be heavier. What wheel(s) are you looking at?

-G-

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was looking at motegi m7s or adr sodukos. the motegis are offered in 17x7 and 18x7.5. i was thinking 17x7 with spacers would work because the stock wheels i have now are 14x6 and 14x7. Also, i drift, so would it be better just to keep the stock wheels and paint them? i was kinda worried about that because my tires sometimes have wear and tear on the sides because of that. just dont want to bend wheels ><.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'm not sure what is best for drifting (maybe try the drifting section?), but M7S's are heavy wheels. I believe Sodukos are light, but I'm not positive. I'd suggest finding out what's best for drifting and then try to see what lines up with that and your tastes. I wouldn't expect the stock wheels to bend from drifting; they are quite tough. The larger sidewall causes a lot of flex, which is probably bad for drifting, but again I'm no expert in that field.

-G-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.