MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done reading almost the entire groupbuy thread for these things. I noticed that they did/or they were coming out with a 16" wheel, but the only width would be a 7. I am running 17x7's now and I get a fair share of rubbing on stock suspension. I have eibach spring and am getting the illuminas really soon. With this setup, would it be stiff enough to keep from any rubbing. I want to go with some 17x7 in front and 17x7.5/8 in back. Also what is the widest wheel you can fit without having to roll the fenders?

Thanks in advance..

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
please list tire size and current offset of your 17's i dont know why ( unless the wrong size ) you would be rubbing anything on stock suspension

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry...
they are 205/40 all the way around.
Also, it doesn't rub when I am just driving, only when I take a turn somewhat hard. It happens much more when I have a passenger. :(

as far as the offset goes, I have no idea. I am a nub when it comes to wheels.
If a picture would help, let me know. :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
stiffness doesnt have anything to do with rubbing susp. pcs...only time stiffness comes into play is when your rubbing fenders/fenderliners...you probably got some really high FF offsets on there...

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
ok well what wheels do you have?

pics could help could get us in the ballpark

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, okay...
I guess I did have this worded a little wierd. What I am saying is that I have stock suspension and my tires rub the fenders when I turn. My suspension isn't rubbing.
So I was thinking that stiffer suspension would prevent this.

Sorry for the bad wording. :)

I'll try to get pics up in a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts