MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of VISION 17x7 and 17x8. I do not like the dark color or the size.
(the wheel program that gave me a preview was misleading)--lesson learned!!

I prefer the old school 5 star silver look (*nod to original).
I am having a hard time locating anything in a 16 inch that is staggered. 16x7/16x8 for example.
Anyone have suggestions? (Please !!!!)

Also what is the best way to sell my VISION staggered set (I have less than 60 miles on this new Wheel/Tire set)

Pictures of my Toyota 15 inch set followed by the 17 inch VISIONS.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Those aftermarket wheels look quite large on your deuce, probably because the outer lip isn't silver to define their diameter. I don't think they look so bad. Regardless, maybe you can sell them on the idea of how big they look. But you're going to take at least a 30% hit especially because they're staggered which makes them a specialty. You'll lose a lot more than that unless you can transfer any warranties to the new owner.

As for 16", have you found suitable tires you want in 16"? Like actual tire brands available right now and some good sizes? There's not much 16" tire out there for these cars unless you want skinny rubber or so-so tire compounds, so in 16" it's best to shop for tires first, then wheels.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you made any headroom with your issue? I am in a similar boat. I had a nightmare of a time ordering my wheels “3 wrong sets and still fighting to get a refund confirmed before I send them back” I followed everyone’s advice with the 17x8 and 9 with +35 and 3mm spacers. I hate the look and the rear tires are a pain to get. I’m not slammed but I’m on coilovers with a lot of chassis reinforcement and poly bushings and mounts on all the things so she a stiff girl. WHAT IM TRYING TO GET AT ISSSSS. The 17 inch Hypergrams I got on there look disproportionate and I want to know if anyone here runs 16 inch wheels with similar width and offset??? Not a lot of 16x8 +35 and 16x9 +35 that I can find. And if anyone does run that what size tires you goin for that are easier to get “I don’t care about price, never go cheap on the tires!”

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
If 17x8/9 +32 works now, then 16x8/9 +32 will work too.

But just as I posted above, have you picked your exact 16" brand/model/size tire yet? Shop tires before wheels in 16s. It won't matter whether you have a top on your budget or not if the street tire size you want isn't manufactured.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did all the math and tire shopping for the 17s I can’t find any single piece 16x8/9 so I was wondering if I went 16x7 or 7.5 staggered or square setup if anyone has done that here. I’m not going for a slammed look but for a function over form setup. Just asking for input/suggestions/ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts