MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was gonna run 17x8+9 with +32 but don’t like how they look. Trying to find some 16 inch rims but not a lot of options for that width. Was going to do 16x7.5 all 4 or 7 in the front. With different width was wondering what offset I should go for since I have coilovers. My fenders are not rolled and I’m lowered but not slammed. Going for a track look and the 17s are just not for me. Looking for any input based on experience. Trying to not get a set of 2 piece wheels but selling my 17s and need to know offset before I pick out new wheels. Also any tire size input would be appreciated. Previous owner also hit RF and damaged fender and bent knuckle so have -1 degree camber difference I can’t adjust out so if anyone has a RF knuckle/RF fender they want to trade or sell I’m also interested. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
When I had my coilovers mounted, my wheels & tires were 16x7.5" front & 16x8.5" rear +32 for both ends, 215/45-16 fronts, 245/45-16 rears. They fit just fine, 3mm from flush but cleared fenders/suspension for performance maneuvers.

That was over 10 years ago when there were dozens of tire models & brands to choose from in those sizes. I know they're still available in racing rubber today, but good luck finding those tires sizes in decent street compounds now.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
The following year I mounted 16x7" +33 front w/ 225/45-16 and 17x9" +38 rear w/ 255/40-17. No scrubs w/ this setup either on coils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts