MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i found these rims on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/13-inch-rims_W0QQitemZ8030418175QQcategoryZ66480QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i have limited money (although i don't really need rims right now)

would it be retarted to downgrade to 13's?

I was looking at 15 - 16 inch wheels...

What catches my attention here is that they have new tires on them, i could just pull off my old wheels and put these on... if i get a rimset it most likely must have tires as i do not have enough money with college and whatnot to buy tires...

what do you guys think, advice needed

~mikeym

·
Registered
740 Posts
my oppinion is keep looking. 13" wheels are often used for autocross racing on MKI's (I used to use 13x7's and 13x8's for autocross on my 85), but they are seldom used for street use. In oder to keep the stock outer diameter of the tires, a tall sidewall has to be used, which really sucks. :p Most people will agree that the 3 spoke design is pretty ugly too, but thats a matter of oppinion. I'm a fan of 15" wheels on the MKI for street use, and most will probably agree.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys... i ended up not buying them anyway...

i got a few opinions out of some other guys i know... the concure was 3 spoked wheels are ugly...

still looking

~mikeym~

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ 13 inch rims... yep... lol... i most likely wouldn't have been satisfied, tahnk god i didn't bid

~mikeym

1 - 6 of 6 Posts