MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am attempting to remove my 105km/h warning chime. Taking the dash apart scares me. I have taken a pic of the instrument cluster with the top cover removed.

Can some one pls tell me the location of the chime?

and any tips for its removal. Or does anyone know a link to a page that has a write up?

cheers!

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
I was wondering they our cars had these!!! How long does it stay on for?

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Sorry, dunn'o about that. We don't have such silly things in the Western Hemisphere. We have L-jetronic instead. ;)

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
owned by the gramm4r! I want to know how long they stay on for.....is it until you go below that speed?

·
Registered
747 Posts
105km/h warning chime? I've never heard of this... Isn't that barely over 60mph in the US? Anyway, I didn't like my (door) chime either but some wire cutters and a hammer solved that problem. Other than that I can't really help you much...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
MR2 VRI said:
105km/h warning chime? I've never heard of this... Isn't that barely over 60mph in the US? Anyway, I didn't like my (door) chime either but some wire cutters and a hammer solved that problem. Other than that I can't really help you much...
wirecutters/hammer :eek:

It has a plug on it and dosent even bolt in :smile:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Interesting that Toyota installed this chiming device in Japan and Australia but not the US. Just one small thing made up to us after all the watered down Japanese cars we get here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts