MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do we have any members attending this event? It is in central Missouri at the northern edge of the Ozarks in Salem, Mo.

I am planning on attending, and probably volunteering, but certainly not driving!

Rallying looks like a fun time, and possibly even something I would want to get involved with. This trip will be a chance to get a feel for the events and get a better idea of just what is involved and the level of effort/expense required. Note: I am not dead-set on rallying an MR2 - certainly not my yellow 91 3rd Gen JDM turbo! But love the concept of bringing a radically different car to the fun.

Brent

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I may go with the Missouri S&T Formula SAE team or I may not; it depends on my test schedule.

Come by our corner and check out my work!

The event is really fun and you can meet with the drivers as well!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Might go. I'd like to find out what rallying is all about. i'd love to build a v6 rally MR2, but that would be years from now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be there, crewing for Chris Greenhouse and his Rally Neon.

jim
98 Neon Coupe SCCA Rallycross M2
04 SRT-4 SCCA Rallycross PF
91 MR2 NA Coupe SCCA Solo E-Stock

·
Registered
21 Posts
it was too bad i had to miss the rally this year. the super special stage is always the best.

oh and i seen an 87 mr2 on the entry list. i wonder how it did? the results aren't posted yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turboyoda said:
it was too bad i had to miss the rally this year. the super special stage is always the best.

oh and i seen an 87 mr2 on the entry list. i wonder how it did? the results aren't posted yet.

Whoa whoa whoa! Hasn't happened yet. Things will start ramping up in Salem this week. Events to take place Friday and Saturday. Weather looks like it is a mixed bag. There MIGHT be some rain on Thurs or Friday, which would be welcomed at this point. Things are bit dry at the moment and it could get quite dusty (waaayy to dusty for Missouri February!) if no rain falls this week.

I hadn't looked at any entry lists, so did not see the '87 MR2, but am very curious to see how it does.

Still not sure I will be able to make it. Work life is a bit unstable at the moment, but if I can get down there without putting too much at risk, I will.

www.100aw.org

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, for some reason i thought it was feb 21st. maybe that was last year. The mr2 still doesn't have the green light to rally this weekend because of driver endorsements. Whatever that means.

i'll be at the super special stage now!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pastrana rolled his car in the fourth stage. Too bad beacause i thought he'd break Blocks 3 year winning streak. The rally's not over yet and i can't wait for the results!!

No one was injured. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I worked it, Marshalled stages 9 and 14 (the second to last but they cancelled 15 so it turned out to be the last) Started snowing about 11:00am, we ended up with about 8" at stage 14. They called it at the end of 14, couldn't get workers in to set up 15 and got a bunch of workers stuck in 14. Froze my toes off. The 87 MR2 was still running when we last saw him. The last I saw he was 4th in class. He had a mishap between 9 and 14. He looked ok in stage 9 but when he went by in 14 his left front fender was smashed up pretty bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts