MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an odd problem after a recent alignment. A day or two after the alignment I started hearing a noise that I suspected was the wheel bearing. However, when I raised the car on their rack (after taking it back in) it didn’t make the sound. It’s only when the car is on the ground that I hear a weird “squishy” noise—that doesn’t sound like the grinding you get with a wheel bearing or axle bearing problem. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
11,875 Posts
When what is happening? When the car is rolling? How does it depend on speed? When the suspension is traveling?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When what is happening? When the car is rolling? How does it depend on speed? When the suspension is traveling?
When the car is rolling. The noise is more noticeable at a very low speed and seems to go away at higher speed. Almost mor of a “squeaky” noise. Also doesn’t make the noise when the car is on a lift, just when the suspension is loaded—on the ground and rolling.

·
Premium Member
11,875 Posts
I would guess that it is a brake or a tire. Look for a foreign object or some dislocated body part making contact where it is not supposed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts