MR2 Owners Club Message Board - Reply to Topic
Thread: Replacing all the AC component seals Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MR2 Owners Club Message Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
December 10th, 2016 17:46
ljerryd I need to do something like this on my '93. I am getting outside air when set to recirculating. How hard is it to get to the heater/AC box? BGB doesn't seem to cover that very well.
May 6th, 2016 21:03
JDM Factory I can't recall the adhesive used for the repair but it was a Loctite brand that was heat resistant. I pulled the dash out, removed the defroster vent, and applied the adhesive where the dash was lifting. Temporarily install the dash back in the car and away from the sun. I had some memory foam wedge that I used to pushed the lifted parts down against the windshield until it dried but I left it for over a day.

Removed the dash to ensure that it stays down and reinstalled.
February 21st, 2016 08:40
Mr2Daily
Dash Vent Lift Repair

Nice work! I would really like to see your dash vent repair...preparation, glues used, how you held the dash in place while the repair hardened etc. Any more pictures of that? Thanks!
June 25th, 2015 19:00
JDM Factory My 94 MR2, just got done repairing my dash too!

June 25th, 2015 16:50
senna21 What YM car was this done on? Nice work.
June 24th, 2015 21:42
JDM Factory
Replaced all the AC component seals

After getting foam/dust/particles blowing into my eyes, I finally got around to tearing down the interior, clean, and replace all the worn out foams.

The items used where MD and Frost King foam tape in various sizes at Home Depot.

Cleaned it up with an APC, remove all the old foam, prep area with denatured alcohol, and the applied the correct size foam into place.

All was done in a day and less than $50, totally worth restoring. I tore down the blower and the rest of the AC components that has seals but forgot to take pics.
















Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome