MR2 Owners Club Message Board - View Single Post - 2GR Camry sensitive accel pedal
View Single Post
post #54 of (permalink) Old March 26th, 2019, 19:01
Alex W
Wilhelm Raceworks, LLC
click here to visit the sponsor page

OldTrader Rating: (120)
I have not driven the car yet, but initial testing on the potentiometer are very promising. A pictures worth a thousand words right?

I did find the adjustment to be extremely sensitive, so it's possible that a logarithmic ("audio taper") pot would have been a better choice. Or perhaps an extra resistor in parallel, but I need to read up on that a little. The setting I'm at right now is about 1.6k ohm (out of 10k). I initially wanted a linear pot as I expected (i'm not sure why) to be at a higher resistance than that, which might have put me in the steep part of an audio taper pot. But 16% of full scale should be well within the flatter part of an audio taper.

EDIT: I take that back, based on the chart found on this page http://www.resistorguide.com/potentiometer-taper/ , 16% might well be past the knee point of most cheap audio taper pots (cheap pots actually being two linear slopes, not a true logarithmic curve). And getting into that steep part would make it even more sensitive.

I also found that if I went too far it would throw a P2138: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D/E Voltage Correlation. But it seems happy where I have it now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Specializing in suspension and handling for the MKII MR2

Custom Koni coilovers and coilover housings, suspension geometry correction kits, camber/caster plates, big brake kits, and more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A retro-active build thread for my track / autocross car

Last edited by Alex W; March 26th, 2019 at 20:06.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome