MR2 Owners Club Message Board - View Single Post - MrStu's Gen 3 Blitz Turbo Kit Dyno tuned by ATS
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old August 14th, 2014, 22:17 Thread Starter
mrstu
MR2 Hoarder

OldTrader Rating: (140)
2 month update...
Unfortunately the car has been down for much of the past two months due to small issues. I had to replace the Blitz wastegate diaphragm as the old one was torn to pieces and the car was over boosting. Looking back, its a small miracle that the old diaphram was even able to hold boost for the dyno runs. I did a lot of research after finding out that Blitz no longer produced the diaphram but the HKS and Greddy wastegates all used the same diaphram. After placing a special order with HKS through RHD Japan, and a six week wait...it finally arrived!

we finally got it situated and its holding boost rock solid again.

I also installed the CRW axle upgrades as a precautionary measure...ive read too many horror stories to risk it at this point. Thanks again to Josh at CRW for the advice and ultra fast shipping.
Loving the car now. Its a great feeling to get in the car and go for a ride anytime i want after all those years of planning and dreaming what owning a 400+ hp MR2 would be like...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mrstu; August 15th, 2014 at 14:29.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome