MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

MR2 w/NSX Rocket Bunny Concept. (Photoshop)

32K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  ztarchitecht 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to the fact that no one will ever produce the JGTC style body for the MKII in the USA or anywhere else for that matter. I decided to think of ideas of grafting on the NSX widebody to an MR2 chassis. I did some playing around in photoshop, and using a photo of an NSX with photoshopped Rockey Bunny kit on it, I grafted the MR2 roof to it. I left the headlights off so that would be up to the user to select. I think it would be amazing if possible to have this produced.

IMG REMOVED

with NSX lights
IMG REMOVED

I had shortened the length of the NSX to make it match the MR2's length and wheelbase.

#10 ·
I know right! I want to buy a widebody kit for the NSX and find another MR2 chassis and have it mocked around it...

If I decide to do so I would get it molded to the chassis and have a local fiberglass pro come make molds off the car then break it off the chassis and mount fresh panels. I just know the time and cost will be a huge factor. It would never be something that I could "make" money on...

#13 ·
So true, this is why i would never mass produce something of this sort. I just dont know if my heart is in building another MR2 at this point in my life. I would like a shell to use as the jig but i dont know how much time I could truly invest in it either.

#17 ·
Most stock NSX with rear diffusers look pretty mean already, I could come up with all sorts of ideas but havent put anything together. I could try if you want.

#21 ·
I keep praying that one day I'l wake up and browse the internet to find a pic from rocket bunny or liberty walk with a sweet kit those. One can dream... It'd be sweet to see how close all these kits are. I saw a pic once of a 240sx over fenders on a MR2 (It was green i think?) and it looked really close! Of course the gas cap was on the wrong side to give it away.

#22 ·
1) MR2_Mitch, your sig is so badass.

2) It's a shame we don't have any really cool over fenders in production like this. The Ab-flug style over fenders don't have the same pizazz as these.

#23 ·
Love it.

#27 ·
The weather was really nice yesterday and I had the house to myself so I took a little time to dink around. I was just comparing the Rocket Bunny kit for my FD3 to the Air Walker kit for my SW20.

I think I will try and incorporate the LED lights into the Air Walker kit, I think that would look very nice.

I hope all is well.

Cheers,
Steven

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.