MR2 1/4 mile videos - MR2 Owners Club Message Board
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 10:54 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
MR2 1/4 mile videos

I hit the strip this past weekend on my new setup.

MR2 vs LS3 Camaro SS
[email protected] vs [email protected]

MR2 vs 2005 Mustang GT
[email protected] vs [email protected]

My car has a CT27 [email protected] lbs, 3" DP and a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. On my CT26 with the same setup I ran a [email protected] last year.
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 11:05
I <3 E85
 
JLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,055
OldTrader Rating: (43)
Nice, what were your 60' times?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Member of the "No BOV Club"
JLee is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 11:12 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee
Nice, what were your 60' times?
1.89 on the first run and 1.91 on the second.
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 13:02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cramerton, NC
Age: 31
Posts: 1,236
OldTrader Rating: (5)
What are all the mods on the car ?
I didn't think the stock fuel system could handle 17psi, on a 26 OR 27 turbo.
Jeimuzu is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 13:12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
OldTrader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeimuzu
What are all the mods on the car ?
I didn't think the stock fuel system could handle 17psi, on a 26 OR 27 turbo.
Your kidding right?
I<3mr2 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 13:15
Don't mess with Texas
 
Texas_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 19,880
OldTrader Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeimuzu
What are all the mods on the car ?
I didn't think the stock fuel system could handle 17psi, on a 26 OR 27 turbo.
The CT-26 can't make enough power to max the stock fuel system even if you blocked off the wastegate port. The stock fuel system is good till ~275whp, the CT-26 will be lucky to make 220-230whp.

A CT27/20b @ 17psi on a 2nd gen will generally make 250-275whp, so it is very rare you will have a problem with those turbos either.

Now once you go bigger then that, you have to start worrying.
Texas_Ace is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 18:54
I <3 E85
 
JLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,055
OldTrader Rating: (43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeimuzu
What are all the mods on the car ?
I didn't think the stock fuel system could handle 17psi, on a 26 OR 27 turbo.
Sure it can, I ran 17psi for years on a Gen2 with a CT20B.
JLee is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cramerton, NC
Age: 31
Posts: 1,236
OldTrader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3mr2
You're kidding right?
If you're going to be sarcastic and post nothing helpful, at least spell correctly, please. I'm asking a question because I don't know for certain, and you have a negative remark that does nothing to advance my knowledge.

At what point on a CT27 do you outdo the fuel system ?
I thought it was right around 15psi, unless I'm just mixing up what I read in the power primer.
Jeimuzu is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
OldTrader Rating: (2)
It's just too easy. Lol
I<3mr2 is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:07 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeimuzu
What are all the mods on the car ?
I didn't think the stock fuel system could handle 17psi, on a 26 OR 27 turbo.
My mods are CT27 [email protected], ATS 3" DP, Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and a drop in filter. I made 246whp on this setup on a dynojet.

edit:I forgot to mention that I also have the ATS side mount intercooler kit.

Last edited by BruceLeeJKD; March 14th, 2012 at 20:10.
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:08 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
The CT-26 can't make enough power to max the stock fuel system even if you blocked off the wastegate port. The stock fuel system is good till ~275whp, the CT-26 will be lucky to make 220-230whp.

A CT27/20b @ 17psi on a 2nd gen will generally make 250-275whp, so it is very rare you will have a problem with those turbos either.

Now once you go bigger then that, you have to start worrying.
Yea I was around 17psi and made 246whp. I'm thinking about throwing an intake on to see if I can get another 5-10whp and maybe spool a bit quicker as well. Would an intake be worth it?
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
OldTrader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeJKD
I hit the strip this past weekend on my new setup.

MR2 vs LS3 Camaro SS
[email protected] vs [email protected]

MR2 vs 2005 Mustang GT
[email protected] vs [email protected]

My car has a CT27 [email protected] lbs, 3" DP and a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. On my CT26 with the same setup I ran a [email protected] last year.

Looks really fun! Barely held off that SS. Were you getting a lot of wheel spin? I thought you would be trapping a little higher?
I<3mr2 is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cramerton, NC
Age: 31
Posts: 1,236
OldTrader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3mr2
It's just too easy. Lol
Yea well...you're a butthead!

Thanks for clearing that up gentleman.
Jeimuzu is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:15 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3mr2
Looks really fun! Barely held off that SS. Were you getting a lot of wheel spin? I thought you would be trapping a little higher?
Yea the SS ending up taking the timeslip win by .0058 based on the fact that his reaction time was a little bit better, even though I ran a quicker time. I was getting a bit of wheel spin on my launch, but it hooked fine after the initial spin. I cut a 1.89 60ft on the run with the Camaro and a 1.91 60ft against the Mustang. I thought my traps were about right since I trapped 99.41 at 198whp last year and a best of 104.52 with 246whp this year.
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 20:17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
OldTrader Rating: (2)
246whp, nevermind your trap speed look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeJKD
Yea the SS ending up taking the timeslip win by .0058 based on the fact that his reaction time was a little bit better, even though I ran a quicker time. I was getting a bit of wheel spin on my launch, but it hooked fine after the initial spin. I cut a 1.89 60ft on the run with the Camaro and a 1.91 60ft against the Mustang. I thought my traps were about right since I trapped 99.41 at 198whp last year and a best of 104.52 with 246whp this year.
I<3mr2 is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2012, 22:22
Don't mess with Texas
 
Texas_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 19,880
OldTrader Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeJKD
Yea the SS ending up taking the timeslip win by .0058 based on the fact that his reaction time was a little bit better, even though I ran a quicker time. I was getting a bit of wheel spin on my launch, but it hooked fine after the initial spin. I cut a 1.89 60ft on the run with the Camaro and a 1.91 60ft against the Mustang. I thought my traps were about right since I trapped 99.41 at 198whp last year and a best of 104.52 with 246whp this year.
Some FYI for a new drag racer. The reaction time has ZERO effect on your ET or trap. I tell all new racers to completely ignore the lights, you can sit at the line for 6 seconds and still run a 10 second ET, the time doesn't start till you trip the beams.

Best way to improve your times early on is to ignore everything, the lights, the other car ect and focus on getting the best launch and nailing the shifts.
Texas_Ace is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2012, 01:07 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
Some FYI for a new drag racer. The reaction time has ZERO effect on your ET or trap. I tell all new racers to completely ignore the lights, you can sit at the line for 6 seconds and still run a 10 second ET, the time doesn't start till you trip the beams.

Best way to improve your times early on is to ignore everything, the lights, the other car ect and focus on getting the best launch and nailing the shifts.
I'm already aware of that, but thanks for the advice. This will be the 4th season where I have drag raced, albeit only a handful of events each season. I was just pointing out that the Camaro actually took the win because somebody commented on how I held him off..
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2012, 15:48
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Revere, MA
Age: 30
Posts: 185
OldTrader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeJKD
1.89 on the first run and 1.91 on the second.
That's some good launching sonnnn
swatmbrjunior is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2012, 01:16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Age: 47
Posts: 2,378
OldTrader Rating: (60)
what rpm's are you shifting at? Nice times btw.
fasteddy91 is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2012, 09:56 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 151
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatmbrjunior
That's some good launching sonnnn
Thanks buddy!
BruceLeeJKD is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MR2 Owners Club Message Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: (0 members)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome